P6: Problems saving patches

P6: Problems saving patches
« on: September 14, 2022, 07:58:23 AM »
Hey forum

I just signed up here, hello!  Sequential's customer support hasn't been as quick as I'd hoped in helping me resolve an issue... trying to figure out if yes in fact this can get solved before the gig on Monday or if I should use another synthesizer for it!

The issue is that I seem to be unable to save patches.  I press the "Save" button, it starts flashing, but the preset buttons do not light up when subsequently pressed, and nothing is saved.

The "audit" function (i.e., pressing "Save" then pressing "Global" to A/B the current patch with the saved patch) works fine.

I'm wondering what the problem is.  Is there a worn-out battery? or is there some disk write protection in place I'm not aware of?  Something else?

I spoke to Sequential yesterday and they recommended I upgrade my OS and I did so, but the problem persists.  Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thank you for your attention!

gus

Re: P6: Problems saving patches
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 11:31:25 AM »
Hi Frilly,

Are you writing the patches to a slot 0-499? Keep in mind that 500-999 are the factory presets, which can't be overwritten locally. No batteries on the P6 to worry about, luckily!
Sequential | Oberheim