Pro-3 expression pedal for volume has a strange effect.

DW

Pro-3 expression pedal for volume has a strange effect.
« on: September 11, 2022, 08:46:31 PM »
I've tested two different pedals with the same effect. From 0 to about a quarter the way up the volume goes from low to full high then drops and starts at low again and up to about 80% volume when completing the pedal sweep. Is this a pot calibration issue? There's no issue with a filter sweep.

Re: Pro-3 expression pedal for volume has a strange effect.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 03:41:56 PM »
Are you mapping to the Env VCA Amount in the mod matrix or which parameter?

DW

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 08:41:39 PM »
Same effect on every patch. Further testing with the filter cutoff the pedal at a quarter the way up opens the filter all the way and if the expression pedal setting is set to half filter the whole range of the pedal has the correct effect. If there was a half volume setting like the half filter setting maybe that would solve it but there isn't one.

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 12:31:38 AM »

Could you use the Mod matrix to solve this? (Not that that's the right way)

Maybe:

Foot  >>  +32  >>  Env VCA Amt

?
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 08:19:51 AM »
I've had the same problem.. I found the Pro3 actually sends that out as midi as well.  I contacted support about it, and I think I ran out of patience before trying the suggestion:
You can try reversing the polarity in case your expression pedal has different wiring schemes. In Pedal Function there are two settings: LPF Full and LPF Half. With LPF Full selected, the pedal is set to control the full range of the filter cutoff frequency. If LPF Half is selected, the pedal will control only from closed to half-open. Please try changing those and see if you notice a difference.