Sequential Pro 3 - Sequencer Restart

Sequential Pro 3 - Sequencer Restart
« on: September 07, 2022, 06:02:59 AM »
Hey guys!

maybe someone can help me here.

I am using a Dave Smith - Sequential Pro 3 and have a sequence from the sequencer running in trigger mode.
Itīs connected to Fl Studio my DAW, via USB, so FL is doing the trigger.

My problem is, when I stop FL Studio und start again, FL starts from the beginning or beginning auf Loop Point.
But the Sequence on the Sequential plays further, there where i stoped with FL.
But i want that the sequence also starts from the beginning or loop point, like the beats in the DAW.

I think my midi / clock and sync settings are right.

Any Ideas?

thanks in advance

raik

Re: Sequential Pro 3 - Sequencer Restart
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 10:43:42 PM »
There is an option in the setting for sequencer restart somewhere

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:35:13 AM »
Yes i know and itīs on. But the thing is, that it īs looking "grey" on the display, not as normal shiny like normal.
Any ideas? or is it a bug maybe?

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 06:27:24 AM »
Did you succeed in this? I like to know how to reset the sequencer to step 1 too.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 10:53:25 AM »
If Clock is set to "In" in the Global MIDI tab, then the sequencer is reset on receiving a Song Position Pointer to 0,0 followed by a Start message.

Edit: Sorry, I missed that you are in Trigger mode. Trigger mode does not observe incoming clock, which is why the Restart parameter is greyed out. The Restart on/off parameter determines whether the Song Position Pointer will be observed in Normal/Gate mode.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 11:53:30 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 07:11:52 PM »
I haven't tested this, but you could try sending an NRPN (MSB 3 LSB 38) to set the sequencer mode to Normal (0,0). Now the Song Position Pointer will be observed, so send that with 0,0. Finally, send another NRPN to set the sequencer mode back to Trigger (0,2). This should reset the sequencer while you're using Trigger mode.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his