MIDI Arp Notes Recording?

MIDI Arp Notes Recording?
« on: September 06, 2022, 09:08:27 AM »
Has anyone experienced monitoring issues and errant notes being recorded with MIDI Arp Notes on while connected to a DAW? 

With some head scratching I finally got the OB-X8 connected to my Mac running Studio One (both on the latest versions) and I'm able to send/receive midi.  But two things still have me head scratching (as is usually the case in my experience when hooking up a new machine to my studio):

1. The sound I get out of the synth when recording is not what I get when playing the synth stand-alone using the internal clock.  It sounds like I am only getting a portion of the notes.  I thought this might be a midi loop issue, but was not able to resolve it based on the suggestions in the FAQ.

2. When I record an arpeggio I am getting a lot of notes captured in the DAW that I do not hear when playing in stand-alone mode.  I have been seeing a lot of very high register notes appear in the recorded sequence that aren't there when playing.

I am guessing I just haven't hit on the right combination of settings to get things working smoothly, but any feedback or assistance would be welcome before I scratch my head bloody then create a support ticket. 

Cheers!
Rev2, Pro3, OB-X8, Kronos, Summit, Hydrasynth, Subsequent37, Taurus III, Iridium, Opsix, Eurorack

Re: MIDI Arp Notes Recording? RESOLVED
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 08:24:35 PM »
Has anyone experienced monitoring issues and errant notes being recorded with MIDI Arp Notes on while connected to a DAW? 

With some head scratching I finally got the OB-X8 connected to my Mac running Studio One (both on the latest versions) and I'm able to send/receive midi.  But two things still have me head scratching (as is usually the case in my experience when hooking up a new machine to my studio):

1. The sound I get out of the synth when recording is not what I get when playing the synth stand-alone using the internal clock.  It sounds like I am only getting a portion of the notes.  I thought this might be a midi loop issue, but was not able to resolve it based on the suggestions in the FAQ.

2. When I record an arpeggio I am getting a lot of notes captured in the DAW that I do not hear when playing in stand-alone mode.  I have been seeing a lot of very high register notes appear in the recorded sequence that aren't there when playing.

I am guessing I just haven't hit on the right combination of settings to get things working smoothly, but any feedback or assistance would be welcome before I scratch my head bloody then create a support ticket. 

Cheers!

Yup, just didn't spend enough time trying different settings.  Issue 1 was indeed a midi loop caused by the DAW settings and Issue 2 was related to that midi loop.  Happy to say I got this thing working as expected.
Rev2, Pro3, OB-X8, Kronos, Summit, Hydrasynth, Subsequent37, Taurus III, Iridium, Opsix, Eurorack