Shipping an OB8 with 2 OBX8 boxes

Shipping an OB8 with 2 OBX8 boxes
« on: September 01, 2022, 01:46:22 PM »
If I needed to ship my OB8, I bet I could cobble together a box for it from 2 of the new boxes, a box cutter, some light wood for a frame and styrofoam I already have combined with any styrofoam the new unit comes with.  Does this sound feasible? I would frame out a box size w/wood, then tape two new boxes together once they are cut to size.
Would Oberheim sell me 2 boxes?  Or anyone have a box they'd sell?  It's not like you are going to ever get rid of your new OB!!!

Re: Shipping an OB8 with 2 OBX8 boxes
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 11:17:05 PM »
If I needed to ship my OB8, I bet I could cobble together a box for it from 2 of the new boxes, a box cutter, some light wood for a frame and styrofoam I already have combined with any styrofoam the new unit comes with.  Does this sound feasible? I would frame out a box size w/wood, then tape two new boxes together once they are cut to size.
Would Oberheim sell me 2 boxes?  Or anyone have a box they'd sell?  It's not like you are going to ever get rid of your new OB!!!

My OB-X8 box came banged up. I was able to order a replacement and it should be here tomorrow. Email support and they may sell you a box.

Re: Shipping an OB8 with 2 OBX8 boxes
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 09:08:16 AM »
Maybe shipping OBX8 in one box is OK? I had to return my Prophet 10 to Sequential a while ago for some maintenance and they encouraged me to ship it in the original box that it came in. It went to Sequential and returned to me with no problems.
Prophet 10 Rev4, OB-X8, Moog One, Rhodes Mk8, Osmose, OB-6 desktop, Trigon 6 Desktop, Kawai VPC-1, Steinway D