Just got my take 5 a question about the keybed and pots.

Just got my take 5 a question about the keybed and pots.
« on: April 04, 2024, 05:10:12 AM »
Super stoked to get my very first sequential synth ! This is my only ever 2nd synth that I feel is a upper middle tier synth (first being the peak) that I have bought. My first f key (the first key to the far left) seems to bottom out a little differently than all the others. Is this normal for this synth ? I'm assuming it part of the after touch ribbon as part of the fatar keybed. My argon 8 had the far right key have a similar feel but asking anyway. 2nd thing I have noticed some pots are stiffer than others in terms of rotational resistance, anyone else experience this ? 

Anyway I love the sound so far !

Re: Just got my take 5 a question about the keybed and pots.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 06:33:10 AM »
Super stoked to get my very first sequential synth ! This is my only ever 2nd synth that I feel is a upper middle tier synth (first being the peak) that I have bought. My first f key (the first key to the far left) seems to bottom out a little differently than all the others. Is this normal for this synth ? I'm assuming it part of the after touch ribbon as part of the fatar keybed. My argon 8 had the far right key have a similar feel but asking anyway. 2nd thing I have noticed some pots are stiffer than others in terms of rotational resistance, anyone else experience this ? 

Same with mine on the keybed. I contacted Sequential Support and they sent a link to this take-apart document so I could eyeball the problem. Turns out the keybed mounting point is directly under that key and mine had a slightly raised screw that the key was bottoming out on. I probably could've reseated the screw but my main concern was that there might be some cable friction that could cause issues down the road, so since that wasn't the case, I just put it back together and forgot about it.

Haven't noticed any pot rotational difference except between regular pots and encoders, but I guess I'd expect some change after use. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy your Take 5 -- it's a monster!

Re: Just got my take 5 a question about the keybed and pots.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 07:19:41 AM »

Same with mine on the keybed. I contacted Sequential Support and they sent a link to this take-apart document so I could eyeball the problem. Turns out the keybed mounting point is directly under that key and mine had a slightly raised screw that the key was bottoming out on. I probably could've reseated the screw but my main concern was that there might be some cable friction that could cause issues down the road, so since that wasn't the case, I just put it back together and forgot about it.

Haven't noticed any pot rotational difference except between regular pots and encoders, but I guess I'd expect some change after use. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy your Take 5 -- it's a monster!

Thanks so much ! The keybed issue looks easy to fix and will prob do it if it bothers me enough. Makes me feel better it’s not a one off issue with me if that makes sense !