How to name OB-6 patches?

How to name OB-6 patches?
« on: August 29, 2022, 11:12:53 PM »
I understand that, although the OB-6 doesn't display patch names, it does store them internally in the patch data. This ought to be useful for working with patch librarian software, but I have been unable to find any software that can make the names stick.

With the SoundTower software I can see the patch names, but any changes I make to them just seem to be forgotten immediately, not saved with the patch data. So all my patches have the same couple of names, which I guess are the names of whatever happened to be loaded into memory when I started creating each new patch. I've taken to keeping a text file with an index of my patches, because otherwise I can't remember what's where.

Does anyone know of software that can actually change the name embedded into each OB-6 patch, and write this back to the synthesizer?

Re: How to name OB-6 patches?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 05:09:17 AM »
I understand that, although the OB-6 doesn't display patch names, it does store them internally in the patch data. This ought to be useful for working with patch librarian software, but I have been unable to find any software that can make the names stick.

With the SoundTower software I can see the patch names, but any changes I make to them just seem to be forgotten immediately, not saved with the patch data. So all my patches have the same couple of names, which I guess are the names of whatever happened to be loaded into memory when I started creating each new patch. I've taken to keeping a text file with an index of my patches, because otherwise I can't remember what's where.

Does anyone know of software that can actually change the name embedded into each OB-6 patch, and write this back to the synthesizer?

With sound tower and any other librarian software, once you’ve edited the names, you’d need to write the patch files back to the synth in order to get the names to stick.

Knobcraft Orm is free.

Re: How to name OB-6 patches?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 08:35:25 AM »
Check out the new "patchhero" app for phone
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1