Yet another Super Plate request for the Prophet 6

Yet another Super Plate request for the Prophet 6
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:57:08 AM »
Ok, I know this super plate request has been brought up in other threads, but I'm starting yet another one because I don't see why it would not be doable, especially since effects have been added in other firmware updates.

The P6 is now $3500, yet the Take 5 is $2000 cheaper with a waaaay better reverb?? I understand that the T5 reverb has a couple more parameters than the P6 allows, but I would honestly be fine with just having mix, decay, and a tone control (I usually keep the T5 predelay off and the damping all the way up). If the tone control could range from LPF to HPF like on the T5, that would be fantastic (0-63 for LPF, 64-127 for HPF).

It's just a shame for such a gorgeous instrument like the P6 to lack a quality reverb, especially when they have a quality algorithm they could easily add! Even the hall verb has relatively little decay... if it's a matter of space, I would gladly sacrifice all of its current reverbs for just the one on the T5.

So, how about it Sequential? If you're going to increase the value of this instrument by $600, why not give people some added incentive to pay that amount and address the #1 feature request?

Re: Yet another Super Plate request for the Prophet 6
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 10:37:39 AM »
As you mentioned, it's a matter of space, and you are probably overestimating how easy it would be from a software engineering perspective. You may be willing to sacrifice all the other reverbs, but probably most people would not, and it would affect every preset anyone's made with a reverb.

I don't think we're going to see any significant new features on the P6.

blewis

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 03:32:20 PM »
It may have to do with memory limits. The sram depth of their processor might be limiting the max reverb time.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 10:21:38 AM »
Ok, I know this super plate request has been brought up in other threads, but I'm starting yet another one because I don't see why it would not be doable, especially since effects have been added in other firmware updates.

The P6 is now $3500, yet the Take 5 is $2000 cheaper with a waaaay better reverb?? I understand that the T5 reverb has a couple more parameters than the P6 allows, but I would honestly be fine with just having mix, decay, and a tone control (I usually keep the T5 predelay off and the damping all the way up). If the tone control could range from LPF to HPF like on the T5, that would be fantastic (0-63 for LPF, 64-127 for HPF).

It's just a shame for such a gorgeous instrument like the P6 to lack a quality reverb, especially when they have a quality algorithm they could easily add! Even the hall verb has relatively little decay... if it's a matter of space, I would gladly sacrifice all of its current reverbs for just the one on the T5.

So, how about it Sequential? If you're going to increase the value of this instrument by $600, why not give people some added incentive to pay that amount and address the #1 feature request?

I buy something for what it can do. Not for what I think it should do.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

Kja

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 06:56:41 PM »
I think they tweaked the reverb for this last update.. maybe it is in my head.. but it sounds good to me now.. as good as the take 5 when I played them together.  Take 5 doesn't have super plate, btw

LPF83

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 04:58:17 AM »
Just another perspective - why not add a reverb pedal that does what you want?  Even cheap ones like Boss RV-6 or TC Hall of Fame 2 sound amazing on the P6 and better than the built in option, then there are the more feature rich ones like OTO Bam, Empress Reverb, Big Sky etc.

The positioning of most of my synths is such that being able to kill/engage reverb with a simple foot tap and not taking my hands off the synth controls is like gold while in the middle of the sound design process. I find it valuable to toggle quickly between with and without reverb so that I'm constantly evaluating the core sound and how it will sound with some reverb. 

To do this using the built in reverb is screwy and multi-step, especially if I want to tweak some other effect (such as phaser) while hearing the before and after effect of reverb.

I do understand the value of saving the effect with the patch but reverb settings aren't that hard to dial in and repeat after the fact anyway, particularly when on a dedicated pedal.

Also by getting reverb off the other 2 FX slots, you open up the door for new sound using the built in ones. 

For example experiment with using dual choruses.  The Strymon Mobius has a "multi chorus" mode that just sounds magical on just about everything when the settings are dialed in right.  I can get pretty close to it when I use both chorus slots on the P6 or OB6.   Chorus+phaser is another good combo.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC