Suggestions for stand options for dum machine

jg666

Suggestions for stand options for dum machine
« on: August 25, 2022, 01:53:04 AM »
I'm looking for somewhere to put my RD-9 drum machine (I won't mentioned the manufacturer name ;) ) and I'm not sure what to do. I could maybe fit in a small 2 tier stand for the RD-9 and the minilogue but looking at other options too.

I've uploaded a photo for reference...

At the moment it is sitting on a small table from a nest of tables set (1) but that is where my minilogue used to be. I'm considering moving my MODX6 upstairs so the 2nd tier of one of the keyboard stands would be free. It would be nice if somehow I could have the minilogue and the RD-9 side by side on that 2nd tier (2) but that would require some sort of tray or shelf with a front lip on to keep them in place (hope that makes sense).

Any suggestions please? I'm short of space due to me having a synth purchasing adiction.

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Re: Suggestions for stand options for dum machine
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 04:09:17 PM »
This will fit the depth perfectly. Then you can extend the width to fit.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KS6150--on-stage-stands-ks6150-compact-midi-synth-utility-stand

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 04:47:24 PM »
I have a couple of the Roland PDS-10 stands.  I like them for the sturdiness and adjustability, easy to fit into tight spaces.  Depending on mounting options on the back of the gear you may need to add a tray if you go this route.  My Octapad mounts directly onto one of them, and I've got a tray on the other stand that will hold either my SPDSX or Maschine.   This is not the cheapest of possible options but these stands will last forever and are easy to store if needed.  Looks like Roland replaced the PDS-10 with the PDS-20 which appears to be a bit more expensive.  I think I paid $120 for one of them, and got the other one as a freebie with the SPDSX.

You might be able to get by with a relatively inexpensive laptop stand? 
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

jg666

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 12:19:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I will look into laptop and other stands mentioned :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6