Page 2 Panel Controls Diagram?`

Page 2 Panel Controls Diagram?`
« on: August 17, 2022, 12:06:36 PM »
Anyone have a diagram of the Page 2 panel controls? I've seen an old one for the OB-8 and they're supposed to be the same, but the legend on that one doesn't make much sense and it doesn't include the new parameters unique to the OB-X8.

This would be a great addition to the PDF manual ;-)
Jim Daneker
Composer/Producer, Nashville TN
www.jimdaneker.com

Re: Page 2 Panel Controls Diagram?`
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 12:58:33 AM »
Here a scanned copy I found from matrixsynths. Going to be hard to memorize this. Might have to make a cheat sheet.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 08:08:58 AM »
Here a scanned copy I found from matrixsynths. Going to be hard to memorize this. Might have to make a cheat sheet.

I had found that too, but it’s hard to make sense of it… And some of it isn’t updated. For example, on the OB-X8, the OSC2 Freq. knob controls Tri.Xmod in Page 2 mode, but that’s not on the old legend.

So, it would be helpful to have a new, up-to-date version as part of the manual ;-)
Jim Daneker
Composer/Producer, Nashville TN
www.jimdaneker.com

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 09:43:41 AM »

I had found that too, but it’s hard to make sense of it… And some of it isn’t updated. For example, on the OB-X8, the OSC2 Freq. knob controls Tri.Xmod in Page 2 mode, but that’s not on the old legend.

So, it would be helpful to have a new, up-to-date version as part of the manual ;-)

I see what you are requesting. The new features require a new diagram.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 03:32:00 PM »

I humbly offer up this very crude Page 2 cheatsheet that I drew up for myself as a reference.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 07:23:01 AM »

I humbly offer up this very crude Page 2 cheatsheet that I drew up for myself as a reference.

And I thank you very much for sharing this, tkobrick  👍
Oberheim is the Rolls Royce of analog synthesizers in terms of sound! OB-Xa, OB-8, TVS-Pro Black, SEM patch, Matrix-6r, Matrix-1000, and an OB-X8.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 05:52:16 PM »

Thanks tkobrick!