LFO Offset

LFO Offset
« on: August 16, 2022, 08:45:04 AM »
Hey everyone,
 Searched the manual and my brain high and low and could not figure this one out....

If I have my LFO synced to clock is there anyway to offset the LFO waveform so it is still synced but offset of the wave has changed....... so I can shift the modulation "off the grid" but still on the clock?

Thanks in advance

maxter

Re: LFO Offset
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 05:05:17 AM »
Well, not very straight-forward, but it’s possible... it may drift out of phase eventually, depending on how well the sync source and the Rev2’s clocks match.

You’ll have to trigger the voices you want running with LFO key sync ON, synced to the source. Then you turn the LFO key sync OFF, with the source still running... so that the voices LFOs aren’t actually synced, but free-running at whatever BPM they’re clock-synced to.

If you want all voices to behave like one global LFO, turn unison ON and enable all unison voices, 8 or 16, hit a key, and then turn unison off again. If not, you’ll have to trigger the voices separately with your DAW or whatever, an arpeggiator or sequencer with the phase offsets you want. 8ths, 16ths, or why not a rhythmical pattern...? You can get some REALLY cool results this way... but you can’t stop the clock source from running, if it’s an external arpeggiator for instance, always keep it running...

Possible to do consequetively (is that word even english?  :o ) with each LFO separately too, so EVERY voice has each of their 4 LFOs set to different phases, free-running but still in sync... It’s quite tedious to set up, but as I said it makes for some REALLY cool results. Especially when using the onboard gated sequencers set to other, different rhythmical and melodical patterns. It’s ”magical”. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:09:03 AM by maxter »
The Way the Truth and the Life

Re: LFO Offset
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 11:00:33 PM »
I think the word you were looking for is: consecutively.

;)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340