Adjust both layers simultaneously in Double mode?

Adjust both layers simultaneously in Double mode?
« on: August 15, 2022, 08:37:25 PM »
Hey Guys,

Just a few hours into my X8, and I'm having trouble picking my jaw up off the floor - what a monster!

One question I can't seem to figure out, and the manual doesn't really cover: is there no way to have the panel control *both* layers simultaneously? I'd love to be able to automate changes on the fly while recording, but as far as I can tell, the panel will only control the upper or lower layer, but not both at once.

Hopefully I've just missed something dumb, but if not, it sure would be great to have that added in an update!

Thanks much - back to drooling ;-)
Jim Daneker
Composer/Producer, Nashville TN
www.jimdaneker.com

gus

Re: Adjust both layers simultaneously in Double mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:57:33 AM »
At the moment there isn't a link function to edit both layers at the same time. It's on the customer feature request list - I'll add a +1 to it for you! It would certainly be a useful feature.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 12:24:43 PM »
At the moment there isn't a link function to edit both layers at the same time. It's on the customer feature request list - I'll add a +1 to it for you! It would certainly be a useful feature.

That would be a huge improvement - thanks much! Already hearing a lot of other users saying the same thing, so it would make a lot of people happy ;-)
Jim Daneker
Composer/Producer, Nashville TN
www.jimdaneker.com

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 04:31:20 AM »
Seems an easy addition by pressing both upper and lower buttons at once, or by holding either and pressing the other.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »
+1 agree this would be great option, and @Quatschmacher's UI suggestion seems would be ideal.

This would be particularly useful for live performance modulation of LLLLRRRR stereo stacks.   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 12:07:38 PM »
what is the status of the layer editing functionality? is it addressed in recent updates?

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 01:03:23 AM »
I think it is good as is - I don’t want it to be another synth than OB-X/Xa/X8, that’s the reason I bought it. There are many other great synths and software if one wants something else, but please, let the OB-X8 be the blast from the past as it is.