« on: August 15, 2022, 06:33:06 AM »

LPF83

Re: Reviews are coming in, including comparison vs OB6
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 09:24:01 AM »
Overall review:
https://youtu.be/AaAPM6KDXSE

Comparison vs OB6:
https://youtu.be/gxRzwKxpGnY

Seems like the OB6/OBX8 differences are much like Prophet6/P10 Rev4 differences.  Different synths with similar heritage that have the capability of sounding similar if enough effort goes into making them behave that way, but different by default (and more importantly, different enough to warrant the existnce of different products for different audiences).

Unfortunately for my wallet, this means I need to own both OB6 and OBX8.  Though I'm still holding out for a desktop version at the low $3k price point, and I have all the time in the world to wait for it.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 06:13:10 PM »
Comparison with OB-6 is nicely done. I think that the OB-6 might have been better represented with effects disabled so that the audio out reflected an all-analogue path, but either way it is hard to deny how amazing the OB-X8 sounds.
Prophet 10 Rev4, OB-X8, Moog One, Rhodes Mk8, Osmose, OB-6 desktop, Trigon 6 Desktop, Kawai VPC-1, Steinway D

Dan Chat

• Live and let live
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »
Comparison with OB-6 is nicely done. I think that the OB-6 might have been better represented with effects disabled so that the audio out reflected an all-analogue path, but either way it is hard to deny how amazing the OB-X8 sounds.
Dan Chatterton

Dan Chat

• Live and let live
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 11:20:43 AM »
Thank you honest answer. Obx8 magnificent
Dan Chatterton