Pro3 Gate Out Question

SeleN

Pro3 Gate Out Question
« on: August 11, 2022, 10:39:28 AM »
Please excuse my noob question and my basic english, but i'm just trying to figure out this one: bought a SQ-1 sequencer to sequence my Prologue (sorry to say :D ). The SQ-1 is very limited regarding versatile sync options particularly regarding midi. So i went somehow deeper in my Pro3 Options and TaTa !!! : with the wiring Gate out (Pro3) to the analog sync in (SQ-1 Jack) i could provide an analog Clock which is accepted by the SQ-1. So i created a simple patch on the Pro3 with even the possibility to divide the BPM (i was told there is no analog clock divider...). Just for Information: i am clocking my whole external synths with MidiGal and Usamo. So my Pro3 has a decent midiclock input which (s)he's synced to. So this is how the Pro3 gets the Clock and Tempo. When starting the clock the Pro3 seems to send (armed in sequencer "Play mode") always the first note 4 times like a "ratchet on the first note" to the sq-1, but it is placed perfectly in sync. when i press a key in gated mode once, the sequencer goes two steps, not just one, but also remains perfectly synced til i'll release the key (and then the sequencer gets antoher signal for one step). In the manual it is written that the Gate Out jack outputs a 10-volt on/off signal to switch a note on/off in external Sequencers, so could this be the reason that when i press and release a key two signals are sent to the Sequencer (note on/off), going two steps respectively ? So why is the Pro 3 sending 4 Gate Signals at the beginning of a sequence ? Have others a similar set-up with "gate syncing" an external sequencer ?  Thank you all for reading and answering to this LONG post...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:18:58 AM by SeleN »

chysn

Re: Pro3 Gate Out Question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »
By default the SQ-1 advances two steps per clock. I forget how to change this, but it is explained in that weird wad of paper Korg calls a “manual.”
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

SeleN

Re: Pro3 Gate Out Question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 11:34:02 PM »
By default the SQ-1 advances two steps per clock. I forget how to change this, but it is explained in that weird wad of paper Korg calls a “manual.”

THIS !!! I overlooked that in the manual ! Thank you !