Pan by Note Number

Pan by Note Number
« on: August 11, 2022, 05:34:58 AM »
Hi, is it possible to have pan assigned by note number across the keyboard? So it progressively scales the pan so the extreme left hand notes are in the left channel and the extreme right hand notes in the right channel? I can assign it in the mod matrix but they can only be set positive or negative, not both which gives a different result. Thanks!

Re: Pan by Note Number
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 11:56:28 AM »
Hi, is it possible to have pan assigned by note number across the keyboard? So it progressively scales the pan so the extreme left hand notes are in the left channel and the extreme right hand notes in the right channel? I can assign it in the mod matrix but they can only be set positive or negative, not both which gives a different result. Thanks!

See if this works:   Use your layers.  Layer A Note value/ mod it negative and  Layer B - Note value/ mod it positive   
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 01:28:23 PM »

For some reason this is somewhat quirky!  The best I can achieve, (using a single layer), would be 
to set two slots in the mod matrix accordingly:

Source             Amount             Destination
DC                     -64                 Pan
Note Number      127                 Pan

The DC offset allows the positive modulation of the note number to pan a played note from left to right
according to note number rather than being biased either to the left or right.

Hope this helps!
Sixcontrabass: - Prophet 10 Rev4, Prophet 12, DSI Tetra, ESQ1, Yamaha FB01, Korg 05R/W, Cheethah MS6, Cheetah SX16, EMU e5000 Ultra, Roland Super JV, Novation A Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware B4000, Creamware PRO-12 ASB, Behringer Dimension D, Neutron, Pro-1

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »

For some reason this is somewhat quirky!  The best I can achieve, (using a single layer), would be 
to set two slots in the mod matrix accordingly:

Source             Amount             Destination
DC                     -64                 Pan
Note Number      127                 Pan

The DC offset allows the positive modulation of the note number to pan a played note from left to right
according to note number rather than being biased either to the left or right.

Hope this helps!

Wow, this worked! I don't know how you figured that out, thanks! A very handy feature for me. Pan by note number has a much more musical feel over alternating note pan which I find can blur harmonic/melodic progression sometimes.

Look forward to putting this into action, thanks for replying.