Wood scratches......

Wood scratches......
« on: August 09, 2022, 11:28:06 AM »
Hi all
         I'm overall thrilled with my P10 (#1400) purchased brand new around a year ago....but.....ive had some materials quality issues from the get go and wondered if anyone else had the same concerns please? My current P10 is my second unit as the first one was returned to the dealer as had a cracked end cheek, areas of black paint missing from the front panel, and some surface scratching on the top wood piece (the piece with the label on it). So it went back and my second one had similar issues with the same pieces believe it or not - which was addressed through customer service (sort of - I was told the issues were within tolerance but I was provided replacement parts as a one time only deal - but also had some issues with these parts too so never used them). Anyway, I've also lived with the new unit also having light scratches on the top wood piece as well (see photo), from new but never let sequential know. I guess I felt like I was being a bit of a nuisance somehow, but it still bugs me to have paid so much for this and not really be satisfied with the quality of finish of some pieces. Would these light scratches bother you? Has anyone else have or had these issues?
    Thanks....

Re: Wood scratches......
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 12:05:12 PM »
Those slight indentations? Wouldn't bother me... even just moving the synth from one room to another, I could see myself bumping into a cat or a disco ball and leaving a mark. To me, something small as shown in your pic is just a normal part
of life. The damage you described from a previous experience is another story...

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 05:45:07 PM »
Agree with Manbird, those marks wouldn't bother me.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:00:49 AM »
Hi all
         I'm overall thrilled with my P10 (#1400) purchased brand new around a year ago....but.....ive had some materials quality issues from the get go and wondered if anyone else had the same concerns please? My current P10 is my second unit as the first one was returned to the dealer as had a cracked end cheek, areas of black paint missing from the front panel, and some surface scratching on the top wood piece (the piece with the label on it). So it went back and my second one had similar issues with the same pieces believe it or not - which was addressed through customer service (sort of - I was told the issues were within tolerance but I was provided replacement parts as a one time only deal - but also had some issues with these parts too so never used them). Anyway, I've also lived with the new unit also having light scratches on the top wood piece as well (see photo), from new but never let sequential know. I guess I felt like I was being a bit of a nuisance somehow, but it still bugs me to have paid so much for this and not really be satisfied with the quality of finish of some pieces. Would these light scratches bother you? Has anyone else have or had these issues?
    Thanks....

Wow !  You got the Road Worn model  :o
Normally you have to pay extra för that ......    ;D

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 05:27:22 AM »
Those slight indentations? Wouldn't bother me... even just moving the synth from one room to another, I could see myself bumping into a cat or a disco ball and leaving a mark. To me, something small as shown in your pic is just a normal part
of life. The damage you described from a previous experience is another story...

If it really bothers you (it wouldn't bother me) the wood dents can be typically removed with a classic woodworking / restoration technique, if you're careful. Damp soft cloth on the dent, and a hot iron. The wood will eventually raise back up flush as it wicks moisture. Don't follow my tip though, decide for yourself!