Pro 3 lame question...

Pro 3 lame question...
« on: July 21, 2023, 12:05:14 PM »
Hello, I have just received a pro 3. I know it is a lame question, but I am trying to make a pluck sound. With a basic program I press quickly different keys and have a sound. As soon as I try to chnge parameters like filter envelope and so on when I am pressing quickly different keys, sometimes I can not hear them. They are just mute. For example C,D,E can be heard but F can not. It happens when I do it quickly. Is it something wrong with the envelopes? Thanks in advance for an answer.

Re: Pro 3 lame question...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 12:51:59 PM »
Hello, I have just received a pro 3. I know it is a lame question, but I am trying to make a pluck sound. With a basic program I press quickly different keys and have a sound. As soon as I try to chnge parameters like filter envelope and so on when I am pressing quickly different keys, sometimes I can not hear them. They are just mute. For example C,D,E can be heard but F can not. It happens when I do it quickly. Is it something wrong with the envelopes? Thanks in advance for an answer.

This could either be due to the key mode setting or you have paraphonic mode on and one of the oscillators is turned down in the mixer.

chysn

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 12:54:38 PM »
When you play legato (that is, playing a note without releasing the previous note first), the Pro 3 will use the sustain levels for envelopes that have made it to the sustain segment. If sustain is set to 0 for the amp envelope, it'll seem like nothing is playing.

You can either increase the sustain, or turn on Retrigger (on the Misc Parameters screen), which will start the envelope from the attack segment, regardless of whether another key is held down.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 09:23:39 PM »
Thanks. Problem solved :-)