Help me make sound more in tune please

Help me make sound more in tune please
« on: August 01, 2022, 04:25:10 AM »
Hi Fam
I bought the Revfield sounds like Boards of Canada sound bank but many of the sounds I like have that out of tune wabi sabi effect and the sounds I like don't fit in key with my songs. I tried to SHOW parameters but not finding how to make them more in tune so I can use them in my music. Please could someone tell me what to check ?     REV 2

I would really appreciate the help.  CHECK EXAMPLE 10:50   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GseHm_VEh1k

Much appreciated :)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 05:33:58 AM by Warrenlouder »

Djinn

Re: Help me make sound more in tune please
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 05:27:30 AM »
As these sounds are for the old prophet 08 they have probably been created with lots of slop dialled in just knock it down a bit would b a good start

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 07:46:24 AM »
Your best friend is probably the Misc Params button
- hold it and turn any knob to know what the value is in the preset
(it will not alter anything)
- if Stack A+B is lit, press Edit Layer B to do the same on B layer

A slow swaying sound there is probably an LFO, press each LFO button and see what it drives
- probably OscAllFreq or something or one of oscillators
- hold Misc Params and turn Amount knob of an LFO to know what it is as saved
- so dial down that LFO amount as a start

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 09:52:16 AM »
Your best friend is probably the Misc Params button
- hold it and turn any knob to know what the value is in the preset
(it will not alter anything)
- if Stack A+B is lit, press Edit Layer B to do the same on B layer

A slow swaying sound there is probably an LFO, press each LFO button and see what it drives
- probably OscAllFreq or something or one of oscillators
- hold Misc Params and turn Amount knob of an LFO to know what it is as saved
- so dial down that LFO amount as a start

Seconding.  It sounds like an LFO is tweaking either your slop knob or your oscillator frequencies (both).  Separate the panels like Autosynther said.  On each, try tweaking the slop knobs and the oscillator frequency knobs after you've checked your lfo mapping.  when you find the tuning you want, do the same on B. 

Also some unsolicited advice - a sound like you have at 10:50's interest (in my eyes) is the weird detune cycle it has.  The rev2 isn't short on starting points for pads, and in this boat, I'd pick another starting point.