Tune function hangs up - Will new OS and Panel install fix problem?

I have a Prophet 10 serial #059 that will not “auto” tune.  The automatic tuning routine stops midway through every time.  When it stops the display always reads “065”

I am running OS 2.0.1 and Panel 1.1.1

I have already tried the following:

1) Pressing “Tune” and letting it sit stuck on display “065” for hours
2) I tried clearing Global Calibration by pressing and holding RECORD and pressing GLOBALS
3) I also tried holding RECORD and pressing TUNE

Question: If I update to OS 2.0.4 and Panel 1.1.3 will it automatically restore tuning?

Question: Is 2.0.4 and 1.1.3 legit?  I’m curious why the new OS and Panel isn’t available on the official Sequential support page, instead of only being available on the user forum?

Re: Tune function hangs up - Will new OS and Panel install fix problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 03:42:03 PM »
Of course the firmware is legit, it’s just it sits in beta on the forum for a while. I’ve been running it since released and aside from a couple of very minor bugs (which have been reported and will be fixed) it’s been fine. Reflashing the firmware might flush out any gremlins for you.

Re: Tune function hangs up - Will new OS and Panel install fix problem?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 10:02:16 AM »
Of course the firmware is legit, it’s just it sits in beta on the forum for a while. I’ve been running it since released and aside from a couple of very minor bugs (which have been reported and will be fixed) it’s been fine. Reflashing the firmware might flush out any gremlins for you.

Thank you for your reply.  I didn't realize that 2.0.4 was a beta, so everything makes sense now.  I did update to 2.0.4 and 1.1.3 last night, but sadly it did not resolve my tuning issue.

I had a brief email exchange with Sequential service.  They are suggesting it is a hardware problem that will require sending my P10 in for repair. I HATE the thoughts of shipping her out.  I was really hoping there was some silver bullet procedure I could preform to fix my P10.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the prospect of a hardware failure.  My P10 has lived a quiet, abuse free life in my home studio since the day I purchased it new.  I realize that is no guarantee.

If anyone has any other suggestion, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts.  I wonder if I roll back the OS to 1.5, then back up to 2.0 would help?  Obviously I'm grasping at straws.