Random pitch shifts on OB6

Random pitch shifts on OB6
« on: July 28, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
This mainly happens within the first 10-15 minutes as the synth is warming up. As I'm playing, the entire pitch range shifts up or down a few steps. It's not just one or two keys... the whole keyboard is affected. Everything sounds in tune together, and then whammo... I'm in another key. It happens regardless of the patch I have selected, so LFOs don't seem to be the problem. Any help is much appreciated!

Re: Random pitch shifts on OB6
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 07:28:13 AM »
Any significant temperature change in your environment since you last calibrated? Happens with mine too, the warmer weather will do it, try re-calibrating.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 07:01:32 PM »
Any significant temperature change in your environment since you last calibrated? Happens with mine too, the warmer weather will do it, try re-calibrating.

Not really. I keep the studio between 76-78deg usually. This happens every single time I turn it on. Tonight for example, within the first 5 minutes of playing, it jumped down a full step, then after a couple minutes back up a full step. Is it possible something is loose inside the unit? What would I look for?

I updated to 1.7.4 tonight, and although it had been on for ~30 minutes, after recalibration my tuner said it's about 9 cents low across the board. I also made sure to unplug the expression pedal and all midi/usb to make sure nothing plugged into it was somehow modifying the pitch. I love this synth, but this problem is killing it for me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:18:43 PM by JoeFuture »

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 08:54:31 AM »
Update: I apparently has Master Tuning turned down -11, so after correcting that it's at least in tune after I calibrate the oscillators. Will pay attention to see if pitch is still drifting after the OS update.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 11:45:03 AM »
Hello all, I know this is considered a fairly old post but mine does this too.
Did you ever get it resolved? I remember doing the calibration, calibrated the wheels, etc. with no success.
I’m currently on the version that included the vintage knob feature, but I’m certain it had this problem prior to the update.
Thanks

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2023, 06:54:12 PM »
I ended up doing a factory reset and unplugging all MIDI cables from the OB6. It seems to be working fine now.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 06:15:16 AM »
When I had this problem it turned out to be another MIDI controller sending on all channels with a failing pitch bend wheel that would occasionally fire out random messages. My solution was to disable the pitch bend on that controller. I guess it's possible that an OB-6's pitch bend wheel could also develop the same issue, though if unplugging MIDI and resetting it fixed the problem it can't have been that in your case.