Prophet 5 Voice Mod on Prophet 12

Prophet 5 Voice Mod on Prophet 12
« on: July 26, 2022, 04:47:26 AM »
Hi, I want to set up Prophet 5 voice modulation on the Prophet 12.

Specifically I want OSC4 to operate in keyboard tracked Lo Freq setting, then modulating PW1/2/3. I'm not getting the same behaviour you would on a Prophet 5.

Can anyone clarify/help? Thanks!

Re: Prophet 5 Voice Mod on Prophet 12
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 11:25:00 AM »

Specifically I want OSC4 to operate in keyboard tracked Lo Freq setting, then modulating PW1/2/3. I'm not getting the same behaviour you would on a Prophet 5.

As you state, I don't seem to get the same results as OSC B on a Prophet 5 in 'Lo Freq' mode ,(but still tracking the keyboard), modulating PW A.

It would seem, (to me at least), that the frequency of OSC4 does not go as low as possibly what may be required.  Using the Mod Matrix you can assign a DC Mod Source to the Freq of OSC4.  That will drop the pitch of OSC4 by an Octave and a bit, 16 semitones or thereabouts maximum when the amount is set to -127.......... but it still doesn't seem 'low enough' sometimes.

Alternatively you can assign 'Note Number', (keyboard tracking), as a Mod Source to modulate one of the LFO's Frequency and then assign that LFO to modulate an Oscillator, (or all Oscillators), Shape Mod as a destination, again in the Mod Matrix. 

The result is a little bit more like what I would tend expect with a Prophet 5 once the amount and frequency of the LFO has been fine tuned to suit.

Still not the same though and this could well be due to the analogue Oscillators of the Prophet 5 compared to the Digital Oscillators as found in the Prophet 12.

LFO Frequency being modulated by the Note Number, (by varying amounts), can lead to some interesting results when set to modulate the Filters of the Prophet 12. 

All good fun :-)
Sixcontrabass: - Prophet 10 Rev4, Prophet 12, DSI Tetra, ESQ1, Yamaha FB01, Korg 05R/W, Cheethah MS6, Cheetah SX16, EMU e5000 Ultra, Roland Super JV, Novation A Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware B4000, Creamware PRO-12 ASB, Behringer Dimension D, Neutron, Pro-1

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 11:11:33 AM »
Sorry for the slow reply. A couple of interesting takes on this idea, thanks! Will give it another go when I get over covid :/

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »
Sorry for the slow reply. A couple of interesting takes on this idea, thanks! Will give it another go when I get over covid :/

No problem :-)

Hope the recovery from the dreaded Covid is swift. 

All the best.
Sixcontrabass: - Prophet 10 Rev4, Prophet 12, DSI Tetra, ESQ1, Yamaha FB01, Korg 05R/W, Cheethah MS6, Cheetah SX16, EMU e5000 Ultra, Roland Super JV, Novation A Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware B4000, Creamware PRO-12 ASB, Behringer Dimension D, Neutron, Pro-1