way too long to Tune...

way too long to Tune...
« on: July 21, 2022, 04:15:19 PM »
No matter how long I have the Prophet rev 4 turned on, it always takes approximately 80 seconds to finish going through the tuning process.  I've left it on for 8-10 hours in a 70 degree room and it always takes 80 seconds to retune.

The longest my Rev 3.3 ever took to fining tuning was about :30... on a cold day.   Though, once the Rev 3.3 had been on for an hour, it typically never takes more than :10 to retune.

Why soooooo long for the Rev 4 to tune?

P5 Rev 3.3/P5 Rev 4 (w/Expansion board)/OB8/Jupiter 6/Juno 60/MKS80/MKS70/CP80/S80/AN1x/SK30/Motif XS Rack/CS6R/Crumar DS-2/Performer/ARP Axxe.

Qwave

Re: way too long to Tune...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 08:10:10 AM »
The Rev.4 has to tune two different filters per voice. Did the Rev. 3.3 tune the filters via software as well? And the Rev. 4 appears to do some calibration of some more parameters tahn just VCO and VCF pitch and tracking.
keep on turning these knobs

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 03:27:12 PM »
 I was hoping that when the Prophet has warmed up to its nominal working temperature, that it would take less time to tune by sensing what parameters are stable and don't need re-calibrating.   Otherwise, it's always 80 seconds.  During a live show, I have to stay focused on when I am able to HIT the Tune button..
P5 Rev 3.3/P5 Rev 4 (w/Expansion board)/OB8/Jupiter 6/Juno 60/MKS80/MKS70/CP80/S80/AN1x/SK30/Motif XS Rack/CS6R/Crumar DS-2/Performer/ARP Axxe.

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »
I was hoping that when the Prophet has warmed up to its nominal working temperature, that it would take less time to tune by sensing what parameters are stable and don't need re-calibrating.   Otherwise, it's always 80 seconds.  During a live show, I have to stay focused on when I am able to HIT the Tune button..

Just a thought..  maybe you could measure the temp at the event you're playing to see how hot it's actually getting.  Then at home heat up a room to the max temperature you measure +- 10F degrees (even if it means running a space heater in the summer, agonizing though it may be), and keep tuning it so it builds up adequate calibration data to deal with your venue conditions. 

I'm assuming this only happens when playing live and never at home?  If so, it sounds to me like the Prophet is just landing in temperatures it hasn't acclimated itself to.. and if that temperature changes much it needs to reacclimate.   Mine has needed to be tuned more times this summer than any other time I've owned it despite relatively stable indoor temps (and I never take it out of the studio)... but it's been an unusually hot summer here.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC