Playback Prophet-6 recording with Logic Pro makes the oscillator transpose

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? I have my P6 connected through USB to my macbook. I record a track in Logic Pro (midi through external instrument). The moment I start playing it seems the P6's oscillators get tuned up like 2 octaves. I cannot recall changing any settings in either the P6 or Logic Pro. I am on the latest firmware 1.7.5.

In the attached audio file you can first hear me playing my patch, then i start recording in logic and i play the same chord and you can hear it go crazy... what is happening?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Prophet 6 / Prophet Rev2 / Jupiter-X / Roland SE-02

At first glance it sounds like Logic is somehow sending midi to transpose the P6. I don’t use Logic myself but rather Cubase and once had a similar problem in which when Cubase started recording the patch changed on my synth. It turned out to be a midi command hiding at the beginning of the midi track.

This being the case you might try firing up a midi monitor program on your Mac and looking for anything suspicious when Logic starts recording.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

At first glance it sounds like Logic is somehow sending midi to transpose the P6. I don’t use Logic myself but rather Cubase and once had a similar problem in which when Cubase started recording the patch changed on my synth. It turned out to be a midi command hiding at the beginning of the midi track.

This being the case you might try firing up a midi monitor program on your Mac and looking for anything suspicious when Logic starts recording.

Keith

Thanks for your help Keith. I tried this with an app called MidiView. It does not show any program changes whatsoever the moment I start playing while Logic is in playback or record mode. Yet the sound changes.
Prophet 6 / Prophet Rev2 / Jupiter-X / Roland SE-02