Unsolved Synth Mysteries

LPF83

Unsolved Synth Mysteries
« on: July 16, 2022, 05:23:02 PM »
Anyone know what's creating the lighting seen as a result of the camera angle under this Jupiter 8 at around 2 minutes in? 

This has me baffled.

https://youtu.be/uBxu3RhTjgo?t=115
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

chysn

Re: Unsolved Synth Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 06:56:59 PM »
Looks like the reflection of a disco ball on the ceiling, or some other lighting feature. Gels?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 06:58:30 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 05:16:19 AM »
Looks like the reflection of a disco ball on the ceiling, or some other lighting feature. Gels?

That was my initial guess, but the reflections seen below it do not seem to match the right to left pattern (which seems in sync with the fast arp thats playing at the same time).  Also seems unusual that reflective lighting could get up under the keybed without appearing elsewhere.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

kpatz

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 03:39:56 PM »
It's overhead stage lighting reflecting off the black keys.  The angle of the light, camera and keys caused a reflection into the camera.  Then the panning of the camera and/or the light caused to "sweep" along the keys.

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 06:47:11 AM »
It's overhead stage lighting reflecting off the black keys.  The angle of the light, camera and keys caused a reflection into the camera.  Then the panning of the camera and/or the light caused to "sweep" along the keys.

I believe you're right, the angle of the light is the key -- somehow my brain doesn't like to process the idea of light reflecting much stronger off of a black colored material than the white version of same, though given specific angles of light and material I suppose the seemingly paranormal is possible :)