Low split feature

Low split feature
« on: July 12, 2022, 11:28:14 PM »
The low split function on Take 5 is a brilliant way to get more use out of a short keyboard. I was wondering if it might be possible to implement this in the Prophet 6 and OB-6 via a firmware update. (To be honest, it’d be pretty cool to have even on the 5-octave keyboard of my Prophet 5 and I could find uses for it on my Pro3SE.)

Could it perhaps be done by eg pressing both of the octave shift buttons at once to cycle through the 3 options of -1, -2 and off? Holding down both buttons and playing a key could set the split point.

I’ve emailed the suggestion to support as I know they don’t always read everything here.

Re: Low split feature
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 01:50:58 AM »
Yes I like the sound of that. Good suggestion. The short keyboard is my only P6 gripe.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 08:10:25 AM »
Carson replied and said it’s unlikely to be possible due to limited teaming code space.

Kja

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 10:32:19 AM »
Carson replied and said it’s unlikely to be possible due to limited teaming code space.
What does that mean?

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 10:46:47 AM »
I thought the wording was odd, but could think of a few things it could mean.

The computers in most of these synths are pretty small and simple and yet they have to perform a lot of tasks in a finite amount of time. P6 has a lot of parameters that need to be updated in realtime so chances are good they've hit the practical limit of what they can make it do.

Or it could mean that there's not enough memory left in the device for adding more features.

Alternatively, they have a lot of products and not many programmers. The team may not have time to add new features to old synths.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 12:10:30 PM »
What does that mean?
Autocorrect gremlins strike again. “…limited remaining code space.”