Why are we stuck with 200 factory presets we cannot change???

I love my new prophet 10 but why? why making these 200 factory presets set in stone! :(

Can this be addressed by a firmware update?

Re: Why are we stuck with 200 factory presets we cannot change???
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 04:10:50 AM »
If you do a search it is possible to change the presets. But only all of them at once. I do not remember the exact procedure but I remember that you can transfer all user patches at once to the preset bank.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 05:15:40 AM »
If you do a search it is possible to change the presets. But only all of them at once. I do not remember the exact procedure but I remember that you can transfer all user patches at once to the preset bank.

Yes, that´s what I have read somewhere too .  Bulk transfer of User Bank to Factory Bank
from backup on computer (?)
Note that these sounds then are tweak able, but can not be saved in "factory mode".....

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 08:55:25 AM »
Did find it in a post by "le bouch":

Turns out you CAN overwrite the Factory groups, with whatever’s currently in the User groups. Here’s how:

"You can easily copy the programs from the user locations to the factory locations using the following steps.

Hold the RELEASE button and press the 3 button.

The record button begins to blink, press the RECORD button to copy the patches from the user locations to the factory locations.

The record button light turns off indicating the process has completed".