Take 10

Take 10
« on: July 06, 2022, 07:51:14 AM »
Wouldn’t it be great if Take 5 could have a voice board expansion option to add 5 more voices for a total of 10, just like the Prophets can. Does anyone know if this could become reality as an option in the future? And to have a split/mix A B sound option as well of course.

Re: Take 10
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 02:31:47 PM »
Wouldn’t it be great if Take 5 could have a voice board expansion option to add 5 more voices for a total of 10, just like the Prophets can. Does anyone know if this could become reality as an option in the future? And to have a split/mix A B sound option as well of course.

Based on the mainboard design of T5, don't think its planned or probable... but releasing a separate Take 10 version of this synth architecture seems like it would be a great option / seller - and probably not require a ton of new design work.    Though I would like to see it with 61-keys... and maybe an extra envelope and lfo.   That would be an intriguing option in the low-mid $2k range... I would sell my T5 and go for that in a heartbeat.   

(though, to be honest, I would prefer focus on a new high end flagship Poly based on Pro 3 voice architecture... Something from Seq to complete with Moog One in terms of features/capabilities)   

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 04:31:08 PM »
Sequential should release a module version of the Take 5.  That would overcome an outstanding weakness of the instrument - its short keyboard.  And it could happily be a reasonably inexpensive piece of equipment, which would be welcome in these financially difficult times.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 12:57:34 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 10:49:05 PM »
(though, to be honest, I would prefer focus on a new high end flagship Poly based on Pro 3 voice architecture... Something from Seq to complete with Moog One in terms of features/capabilities)

Like that idea, why not do what Moog did not - 3 osc poly with loads of modulation options.

Tim Shoebridge did a Moog One review that meant that they should do a 6 voice or something that might be stripped a little bit and more like $3000 or so.

The idea in general among manufacturers is "branding" with flagship stuff that very few can afford, and then provide a full range of affordable stuff on the "lower shelves". Premium car brands do this all the time.

So a 3 oscillator poly would be swell.  :)

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »
Sequential should release a module version of the Take 5.  That would overcome an outstanding weakness of the instrument - its short keyboard.

Personally I would consider the compact keyboard and resulting increase in portability a major strength of the Take 5, especially for anyone thinking about playing live.  It's pretty much the ideal size for synth pop, minimal wave, synth punk, electro and similar genres where you aren't doing lots of complex two hand playing so a larger keyboard would just take up unnecessary real estate.  I get why jazz players might want more keys but I'm definitely glad it's the size it is.  If anything, I wish there was a version with smaller sized keys like the commodity Korgs so it was more comfortable for those with smaller hands like my wife.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 03:14:50 PM »
I realize that, but a module version would satisfy also those who would prefer a longer keyboard.  The two versions would serve the two different needs.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 06:41:13 AM »
i got mine BECAUSE of the short keyboard, well ... the sound too  ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 10:58:14 AM »
Just buy 2 Take 5s.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 05:43:30 PM »
You mean side-by-side?  ???

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 07:38:24 PM »
You mean side-by-side?  ???

A Take 5 equivalent of this would be pretty rad. . .

https://youtu.be/PDn9mceIxgM?t=102

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 10:36:32 AM »
I’d love a module version, especially if it could be chained with the keyboard version to give 10 voices.  :)

That would be awesome.   :D