New Prophet 10

New Prophet 10
« on: July 06, 2022, 06:07:51 AM »
I have just received my Prophet 10 and was just checking if it is usual not to be shipped with stickers over the badges, the little screen and to be shipped with 2.0 update already on?

LPF83

Re: New Prophet 10
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 03:21:26 PM »
I have just received my Prophet 10 and was just checking if it is usual not to be shipped with stickers over the badges, the little screen and to be shipped with 2.0 update already on?

Not sure about which OS shipped in which batch, but mine definitely had stickers over the badges.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 06:52:18 AM »

I was wondering the same - just got a new Prophet 5 and the Sequential badge had that protective film on but not so the Prophet 5 badge. (shipped with OS 2.0.0.)

chysn

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 08:19:41 AM »

Congratulations on your new Prophet!

When I received my Prophet 5, it had plastic protectors over the front badge but not the panel badge. I honestly don't remember whether the LCD had a protector or not. I remember the front badge because I thought it looked unfinished, and I was disappointed with it until I realized there was a sticker there.

I did need to update the OS.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 08:39:06 AM »

Congratulations on your new Prophet!

When I received my Prophet 5, it had plastic protectors over the front badge but not the panel badge. I honestly don't remember whether the LCD had a protector or not. I remember the front badge because I thought it looked unfinished, and I was disappointed with it until I realized there was a sticker there.

I did need to update the OS.
Thanks @chysn that confirms it then, and also no protection on my 7-segment display... I am just some digits below your serial no. :)