Weird behaviour of filter envelope

Weird behaviour of filter envelope
« on: June 24, 2022, 03:46:06 PM »
Hi everyone. I’m a happy new owner and first time poster.
I had a weird issue that I got to the bottom of, but wondering if it’s normal..

I’ve been trying to recreate patches myself using the exact settings that i see in librarian.
Every patch I tried I would fail miserably and I put it down to the filter envelope.

From an initial patch, if I dial in filter envelope amount anywhere from 2 o’clock to max, the envelope barely kicks in and the filter hardly opens up at all.
I’ve found that in order for the envelope to work, I have to dial in negative envelope to its fullest extent and then the positive ranges start working again.

Anyone else have this ‘issue’?  Any other quirks I should be aware of before I spend hours pulling hair out again?

kpatz

Re: Weird behaviour of filter envelope
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 04:51:15 PM »
What's your pot mode set to?  If it's relative or passthru, you'd have to sweep the knob to get the full parameter range or to "catch" the preset value.  Setting it to jump will make it change to the absolute value when turned.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 03:05:43 AM »
Pot mode set to REL.  So that'll be it.  doh!
Thank you for reminding me that I'm a doofus.

I didn't like that values would jump when tweaking patches, so set it to REL.

What setting do you guys prefer for pot mode? Still trying to find my way!

pfrf

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
I set my pot mode to jump when I'm creating patches and relative when I'm playing.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 02:15:41 PM »
I keep mine in jump mode. When recording, I set the parameters that are going to be automated to their saved values before recording.