Bought S/H Tempest, voice 2 panned left (resolved)

Bought S/H Tempest, voice 2 panned left (resolved)
« on: June 20, 2022, 10:50:14 PM »
I've just bought a second-hand Tempest and am noticing that voice 2 seems to be permanently panned hard left (ie there isn't a right channel component).

I initially discovered this by loading a kit and tapping pads until each sound round-robins, but it's very evident if I go into the voice assignment page and set the pad to 'V2'.

I've already run a calibration pass, and it's consistent across multiple projects - is there anything else I might have missed, or is this unit destined for repair?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:47:07 PM by PacificState »

Re: Bought S/H Tempest, voice 2 panned left
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 11:46:49 PM »
I was able to fix it. Figuring it was a problem with a dirty switch in the Voice 2 jack, a combination of a.) a blast of compressed air, and b.) cleaning the jack with a Q-tip soaked in 99% isopropyl, resurrected the voice in the main outputs such that I could pan it - albeit that the left/right balance wasn't initially even, a problem which was fixed by a final recalibration.

I'm not sure this would be sanctioned by support, so caveat emptor/YMMV. Oddly, someone a few posts below has the same problem with the same voice...