Star Lake Add-On from 8DIO

Star Lake Add-On from 8DIO
« on: June 12, 2022, 02:37:03 AM »
Way back when I saw a youtube video showing a Dioproductions posting of a demo by Troels F of the "Official Add-On" called "DSI / 8Dio Sequential Prophet X Official Add-On Series: "Across The Star Lake"" and knew I had to have that synth.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z9Yd_cqUm0

Bought a new PX last week, but cannot find this add-on on 8DIO's site - has anyione here heard this demo before and acquired the add-on?

Re: Star Lake Add-On from 8DIO
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 05:53:48 AM »
Hi

Seems it's using the prodigy add-on (zoomed on sample screen, the lower one). I can not find this particular patch in the sysex file (16 patches) which come along with the samples when you buy the add-on.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 06:01:14 AM »
Actually, 8dio answered this in one of the comments. Too bad he does not give this patch with the add-on.

you are right - and do forgive me.  I made this program a little bit after the library was already wrapped up, hence why there is no library associate to the title in the description.

You can probably remake it by using the Factory 12. Perc Tonal 60 on Sample Bank 1. Tubular Bells Tapped + Add-On Prodigy  on Sample Bank 2.  In addition there are two sine waves going.  In addition BBD Delay. Mix 50. Fdbck 163. Time 4D LPF: 108 and Super Plate Mix 127 in the beginning. Time 240.  You can see the stats on the screen.  I made a little pre-programmed pattern on the Arp.  Lowpass filter associated to slider 2.  The Tubular bells are just there to accent the attack of the synth - this is primarily about the Prodigy and the two sine oscs.  Hope that helps just a bit (Best, Troels)

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »
Actually, 8dio answered this in one of the comments. Too bad he does not give this patch with the add-on.

you are right - and do forgive me.  I made this program a little bit after the library was already wrapped up, hence why there is no library associate to the title in the description.

You can probably remake it by using the Factory 12. Perc Tonal 60 on Sample Bank 1. Tubular Bells Tapped + Add-On Prodigy  on Sample Bank 2.  In addition there are two sine waves going.  In addition BBD Delay. Mix 50. Fdbck 163. Time 4D LPF: 108 and Super Plate Mix 127 in the beginning. Time 240.  You can see the stats on the screen.  I made a little pre-programmed pattern on the Arp.  Lowpass filter associated to slider 2.  The Tubular bells are just there to accent the attack of the synth - this is primarily about the Prodigy and the two sine oscs.  Hope that helps just a bit (Best, Troels)

So what 8DIO appears to be replying in this comment is that the Across the Star Lake sound probably can be remade can be made using the following:
(a) Factory 12. Does this mean Factory Program 12, and then: Program 12 from which of the 4 Factory Banks?
(b) Perc Tonal 60 on Sample Bank 1. The number 60 Instrument in the Factory samples, Type = Percussion Tonal group is called Tubular Bells Tapped.
(c) + Add-on Prodigy on Sample Bank 2. But the quote I am quoting from here seems incomplete, as it doesn't include details about sample Type nor about which Instrument - which is it, ie which Type and which Instrument?
(d) The 2 sine waves possibly in the audio heard on the youtube video above are not very adequately described.

So before trying to achieve approximately that sound there is a little more information needed from 8DIO than what was quoted above, maybe Troels can assist in this?