Mine... all mine!!!

Mine... all mine!!!
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:54:48 PM »
My Prophet 6 arrived today. Well, my two Prophet 6's arrived today. Mix-up between DHL and Thomann meant that the one "lost" in transit and it's replacement were delivered together. Thankfully my DHL guy knows me enough to know that my offer of a bribe to let me sign for one, keep both WAS ONLY A JOKE. Uh, really! Anyway, boring stuff out of the way, it's here! It's mine! I'm in love!

I did have a moment early on where I was convinced this one was defective. Osc 1 PW was getting all weird on me, neither pulsing nor widthing. Aaargh! It worked fine in Preset mode, but not when the front panel was live. I searched on this forum for clues, then I Googled all the right words but couldn't find any matches. Turns out, of course, I'd not noticed the PW 1 button switched on in the Poly Mod section. Relief came suddenly and ever since I've been tweaking and twiddling and conjuring sound upon glorious sound. I'll try to post something soon on the music page. I've got a track that I've set aside specifically for a Prophet 6 solo.

I'm very, very pleased. Very pleased. 

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Mine... all mine!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »
Congratulations, Ant.  Prophet-6 demonstrations are few and far between these days, so we'll look forward to hearing some sounds and music from you, if possible.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:33:54 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Shaw

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »
Congrats... It is a great sounding board!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »
Hey guys - thanks for the buzz of welcome. I've added a brand new track to the "your music" page of the forum. I used only the P6, which I admit I found quite challenging. I'm surrounded, literally, by synths, and it'd have been so easy to reach for the MS20 for the solo, or Pro One for the bass track. Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with the Prophet. But I'm not sure I've ever worked specifically with one synth only for a whole track. I think it forced me to keep it simple. What a beautiful instrument this thing is, no? I never quite had the epiphany I expected when I'd check out the P6 in the music store or in vids online, but pretty much from the moment I plugged it in, I was sorted.