Too many hoops to jump through

Too many hoops to jump through
« on: June 09, 2022, 04:47:28 AM »
Too many hoops to jump through to do anything on the forum, usually takes me up to ten attempts to answer all the questions correctly including the unnecessarily illegible letter codes, until I manage that, no replies to PM's, no new topics. Why can I not remain logged in on the forum between times I open my laptop?

Re: Too many hoops to jump through
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »
I have no problems at all remaining logged in, both on my Mac and my iPad. Sounds like maybe a problem on the laptop?

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 04:04:25 AM »
Sounds like local browser cookie settings to me.  And not the right forum.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 06:42:12 AM »
Too many hoops to jump through [...] including the unnecessarily illegible letter codes

I think the main problem is the 6-letter code that I find myself refreshing many times before finally getting it right... I think Sequential should make that part of making a post, or sending a PM less difficult. The other questions are ok - lets me learn a lot about some synths I've never had the wherewithal to own...

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 11:26:34 PM »
Sorry to hear about the trouble. On my Mac/Firefox combo I have been logged in for well over a year with no issues, so it must be a local problem.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 12:54:30 PM »
I think the main problem is the 6-letter code that I find myself refreshing many times before finally getting it right...

I don't think I've seen that since I originally signed up several years back.  Just a random guess: have you accepted cookies from the site, or do you have them blocked?  Without using cookies the site has no way of knowing that you're a returning visitor and not just visiting for the first time - every time.

It's possible that this is unrelated, but it's at least one thing to check (and was suggested previously by someone else who isn't quite as wordy.)