Mopho X4 display constantly reverts to Low Pass screen

Mopho X4 display constantly reverts to Low Pass screen
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »
Hello
My Mopho x4 has recently started to revert to the Low Pass adjustment display screen.
Usually this starts when I select a patch. Then make an adjustment to the sound. (may not even be a Low Pass adjustment)
I will press the Program button the screen will not stay there.  It just reverts to the Low Pass screen again.
Any help is appreciated.

chysn

Re: Mopho X4 display constantly reverts to Low Pass screen
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
The Mopho goes to the screen for whichever parameter is being edited. So if it's going to the low pass filter screen, it thinks that parameter is being changed. This suggests that something could be wrong with the potentiometer.

If there's dirt or moisture in there, you may be able to clean the pot by twisting it rapidly back and forth, through its entire range, several times. If that doesn't work, potentiometer cleaner is available at electronics stores (Radio Shack, etc.) or online (for example, https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU). If you do need to resort to cleaner, it might be necessary to open your Mopho up and apply the cleaner from the back, but this is really easy to do.

If it's still giving you trouble after that, you might need to contact DSI.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his