Another PRO3 bricked (Looking for advice and older OS files)

Unfortunatly it happened to me as well: While upgrading from the first OS to the latest (1.2.0.4), I turned off the power to early after finishing the Panel update. After powering on the screen remained black and some buttons were illuminated.

So I followed the instruction on the troubleshooting page (and some posts in this forum) sending the latest OS again via Midi and the bootloader mode. This didn't solve my issues: Now no lights are illuminated, and the screen permanently shows the PRO 3 logo. No sounds come out of the synth.

I reached out to the support, but after reading today's heartbraking news, I'm sure there are more pressing issues than this.

Hence, I was wondering, if someone here in the forum has some advice for me & maybe an older version of the OS i can try to install. It seems that some people were successful when downgrading to a prior OS, but I am unable to find them anywhere online for download.

chysn

Re: Another PRO3 bricked (Looking for advice and older OS files)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 11:12:49 AM »
I've been through this. I think it was the first release with the Morph feature, but I don't really remember.

My first attempt with the bootloader didn't work. I had to try it more than once. I wish I remembered the circumstances better, but I was eventually able to perform the update to the current OS, without needing to revert.

I believe I used the process here:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4550.msg45765.html#msg45765
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: Another PRO3 bricked (Looking for advice and older OS files)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 05:53:46 AM »
Thank you chysn for you input!

I have since been in contact with the (super helpful) support, and been sent an older version of the Panel OS (pro3Panel_v1.0.0.1.syx). Sending this via the bootloader revived the synth and allowed me to install the newest OS and Panel OS. I hope this helps the next person with this problem :)

[Solved]