Poll

Which of the following you would like to see implemented in a future OS update of the Prophet 5/10?

Vintage Knob 3.0 that affects VCOs, VCFs, VCAs and envelopes times independently
12 (16.4%)
A second LFO implemented in software
7 (9.6%)
An option to make the VCF envelope loopable
0 (0%)
Negative amount for the VCF envelope
9 (12.3%)
An option to choose among Linear/Exponential/Logarithmic envelopes
7 (9.6%)
More legato modes
11 (15.1%)
Something else (please specify)
27 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Which of the following you would like to see implemented in a future OS update o

Vote for what you would like to see implemented in a possible update. :)

LPF83

I voted "something else", because I'd like to see the aftertouch response fixed so that it doesn't go ballistic at the smallest amount of pressure.  Existing features fixed before new stuff added, please.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Keyboard octave transpose (per part).

I voted "something else", because I'd like to see the aftertouch response fixed so that it doesn't go ballistic at the smallest amount of pressure.  Existing features fixed before new stuff added, please.

+ 1 for a AT fix  : )

BTW, just one vote ...  for one new feature ?    : /
I see at least 2 things that I would like to see in a update   : )

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

g3o2

MPE would be great and should be easily within its reach

I would like to control the filter cutoff with the modwheel, so that I could control the filter on layer A and B in stack mode  ;D

Micky

For me :

Behavior of the expression at the cutoff  (The existing steps are terrible for a synth like this ! )

Hold on/off per part

Pitchwheel-amount possible down to zero for more performance in splits and layers

Transpose +/-24 (for the keyboard-value) stored in a patch

Qwave

I would love to see a way to adjust the aftertouch max filter cutoff modulation. Global or even better, per patch.
keep on turning these knobs

I would like to see:

-Octave transpose shortcut
-Per patch auto-glide mode like Pro One
-Per patch RR/P5 Allocation
-Per patch alternate tunings

Having these very important parameters (voice allocation and alt tuning) relegated to Global just makes them nearly useless to me. Why go through the trouble to implement them, if they are useless in a live setting and slow you down tremendously in the studio?

Maybe in a couple of years a third party will offer a new Mod/Pitch wheel section with 2 transpose buttons (+/- octave), LEDs to indicate the transposition and possibly a global Pitch LFO. I'd gladly pay for such an upgrade. 

I would like to see the octave transpose and other requested features implemented the same way that pitch bend select is done with the [freq A] + [Group -] + [Bank +] buttons.

For octave transpose: [freq B] + [Group/Bank] is my vote.

For arp: [PWM A], [PWM B], and [Filter] could be rhythmic division, number of octaves, and directions/rhythms.

jc

Transpose octave +/- out for use as a controller and more granular AT curve options aka a fix for that.

The only one I really care about from those is an improved Vintage knob... pref one that doesn't detune/go out of tune so much toward '1'... but would still retain the env and other looseness.. i.e make it actually usable!

I think the other stuff is starting to take the Prophet away from one of it's main plus-points... focus!

What I *have* felt would be great yet streamlined additions are:

1. Reverse Saw for the LFO - By holding down the current SAW button until it flashes (or to bring up a menu on the screen to select 'norm' or 'rev'). Absolutely simple and clean to implement and yet massively potent for all kinds of sounds. Reverse SAW is one of my favourite things to add to a filter for that rhytmic boink boink sound... sounds great on the OB-6 but would sound awesome on a Prophet 5/10. I'd prefer the long press instead of the menu... and the light could flash or pulse on the LFO waveform to show its in reverse mode. You could do the same for the other 2 but there it would be polarity.

2. LFO SYNC!!! come on it's 2022.. we don't always wanna hook up midi to the DAW and send CC.. a simple switch or option to enable sync to incoming clock/tempo.... could access this by holding down any of the LFO wave buttons for say 5 seconds and then it flashes to the incoming BPM. For subdivisions you could step through them using thee usual group/bank to show the 4/8/16/d/t etc while holding down all three lfo wave buttons while in LFO sync mode.

These 2 additions would push the amazing Prophet 10 upto a new level and yet retain the simplicity and ease of use.

Many other options get a bit hacky sounding, like third party mod upgrades. I think the LFO 'fixes' or 'uprgades' would be relatively simple to get in, bug free, vs adding tons of new features.

The only other real complaint is the 200 user banks vs 500 on the OB-6, even if we could sshift select another hidden 200 storage I'm guessing the memory doesn't exist on the mainboard to do so.. that ship has sailed I guess.

EDIT: I forgot also... I think an LFO that can go twice as fast 'hi rate' would be cool, so again we could just hold down one of the LFO buttons (or all 3) and select 'norm' or 'hi' to switch the LFO to be much faster, inline with more modern synths...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 06:28:03 PM by SynthHead »
Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)

If folks want any feature upgrades then you are advised to submit them to the sequential support email where they will be added to the tally. I recently emailed some and Carson indicated that they’d been added to the count.

i only wish for really fast LFO .. i'd be already happy with the 500Hz that are mentioned in the manual (which are 50 Hz)

Negative filter envelope mod would be super great imo.

I also like SynthHead's suggestions regarding reverse saw LFO and LFO sync, but I don't think the press and hold method is a good idea. A button combo where you don't have to hold a button for a fixed amount of time is better. Holding buttons to engage any function in the moment of jamming is a real buzzkill.

I vote All of the above   +  I'd like different types of portamento modes:  like that of the OB-8's portamento glide modes.

P5 Rev 3.3/P5 Rev 4 (w/Expansion board)/OB8/Jupiter 6/Juno 60/MKS80/MKS70/CP80/S80/AN1x/SK30/Motif XS Rack/CS6R/Crumar DS-2/Performer/ARP Axxe.

I wonder if any of those features will ever be implemented...

Write over the factory presets, can't believe this is not possible.

Write over the factory presets, can't believe this is not possible.

As posted in your other post. It is possible to overwrite the factory presets. Just do a search for it as I posted the procedure for you in your other thread.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 05:28:11 AM by dr.sax »