My Order Is Placed - ETA?

-AJ-

My Order Is Placed - ETA?
« on: May 28, 2022, 05:00:17 PM »
I've pre-ordered the OB-X8 from Chicago Music Exchange, and I should be on the list to get one of the first batch they receive. So I was wondering how things are going with production, and when they will start to ship. Any current estimate? If anybody at the company reads this, it would be great to have updates. This is the synth I've been dreaming of for years, so the waiting is torment.  8)

Re: My Order Is Placed - ETA?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »
My retailer told me it would be mid July for the first wave!

-AJ-

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 09:46:11 PM »

CME says July 12, which would be great if true. But I also saw some of the videos from SuperBooth where they said it wasn't finished yet. So I'm wondering how closely it will hit those dates.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 12:47:35 AM »
Here in Tel Aviv the distributor says 'September / October'. That's why I did not bother ordering one and am waiting for the first proper reviews and more importantly, the announcement of a desktop version.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 12:49:56 PM »
where they said it wasn't finished yet.

Hopefully they are working on some decent presets to showcase the hardware and don't go for the Sequential approach - the vast majority of which are totally unusable. One of life's mysteries that..

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »

Hopefully they are working on some decent presets to showcase the hardware and don't go for the Sequential approach - the vast majority of which are totally unusable. One of life's mysteries that..

because they keep pushing the recreation of that crap high pitched 80s sound as opposed to doing something new that actually sounds good.

-AJ-

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 04:24:28 PM »

They've apparently got all the presets from the original models, transferred directly from the cassette tapes they used to be stored on. But I don't care about presets. I make my own. 8)

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 02:53:59 AM »

They've apparently got all the presets from the original models, transferred directly from the cassette tapes they used to be stored on. But I don't care about presets. I make my own. 8)
[/quote]

Its a long journey from knowing what a filter is to sound design mastery. I tweak my own, Coincidentally, the one Dave Smith/Sequential machine that shines in the preset dept is the OB-6. Preset 3 SooperRezzy is a showcase for example. The Prophet '08 had a bit of love too from memory. Anyway, on topic - Tom O, don't rush the presets, make it a compulsory purchase.