Tunning issues

Gerne

Tunning issues
« on: May 25, 2022, 11:57:21 PM »
Hi everybody! I understand what I´m going to say is normal but I´d like to comment.. Is your prophet 08 out of tune first minutes after switching on? I need several minutes, I don´t know specific time, but since it need to warm up. Anyway I´d like to know how to update the firmware, althought I nave mine ok I bought it from a second hand and  I´m looking for a tutorial or video to follow steps but I still haven´t found it. Maybe reinstalling the firmware it will work better.. I´m not sure. Do I need a cable from midi out to usb? Thanks a lot.

Re: Tunning issues
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 01:32:15 PM »
Hi everybody! I understand what I´m going to say is normal but I´d like to comment.. Is your prophet 08 out of tune first minutes after switching on? I need several minutes, I don´t know specific time, but since it need to warm up. Anyway I´d like to know how to update the firmware, althought I nave mine ok I bought it from a second hand and  I´m looking for a tutorial or video to follow steps but I still haven´t found it. Maybe reinstalling the firmware it will work better.. I´m not sure. Do I need a cable from midi out to usb? Thanks a lot.

Not sure exactly or if anyone else has any better ideas, but you could try the calibration routine first and see if that helps?

Hold GLOBAL and press LFO2 and a calibration routine will run (which from memory lasts a few minutes).

Not sure if that will work but worth a go

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 05:23:59 AM »
…of course if that doesn’t work you can contact Sequential support to see if they can help too. You may not get too many responses on this board as there is not too much action on here any more, which is understandable as the instrument has been discontinued for a while.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 03:13:37 PM »