Will OB-X8 LFOs sync to MIDI clock?

Will OB-X8 LFOs sync to MIDI clock?
« on: May 18, 2022, 11:07:50 AM »
In a demo video that I watched, Marcus mentioned that the OB-X8 arpeggiator would sync to MIDI clock. I am curious if the LFOs would have that capability as well. That would be pretty huge.

Re: Will OB-X8 LFOs sync to MIDI clock?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 04:23:06 PM »
In a demo video that I watched, Marcus mentioned that the OB-X8 arpeggiator would sync to MIDI clock. I am curious if the LFOs would have that capability as well. That would be pretty huge.

It's unlikely but I'm only assuming because of the P5/10 didn't have this capability.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »
The addition of the display and all of the additional functionality accessible from the page 2 options is something that the Prophet 5/10 does not have. It would be seamless to add the sync option and note division there. Assuming that the LFOs are digital like the envelopes, it would seem to be a simple feature enhancement if it is not already there. It would be incredibly powerful with the extended sample and hold functionality. Pair that with the arpeggiator in sync and you could get into some really fun territory!

Here's to hoping!

kpatz

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 05:03:00 PM »
With the OLED screen and menus, plus the fact that the OB-X8 has an arpeggiator, it would make sense to have the LFO(s) be syncable to tempo.

The Prophet 5/10 doesn't have an arp or sequencer, or any tempo related features at all, so that's why its LFO isn't syncable.

VE

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »
The addition of the display and all of the additional functionality accessible from the page 2 options is something that the Prophet 5/10 does not have. It would be seamless to add the sync option and note division there. Assuming that the LFOs are digital like the envelopes, it would seem to be a simple feature enhancement if it is not already there. It would be incredibly powerful with the extended sample and hold functionality. Pair that with the arpeggiator in sync and you could get into some really fun territory!

Here's to hoping!
Absolutely!
Will Oberheim or Sequential people come here and answer?

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 04:36:31 PM »
Just a quick update. I have a friend at the NAMM show who asked about MIDI sync on the LFOs. The answer was "Not at shipping, but it has been requested"