Lfo speed

Lfo speed
« on: May 12, 2022, 04:09:56 PM »
Any chance you could an option to make the lfo speed go higher into audio range? miss that from the prophet 6 its great for sound effects, the current highest speed tickles were i want it to go but never gets there :'(

Re: Lfo speed
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 11:47:03 PM »
youŽll have to use oscillator B as a modulation source for this. The lfo is working as the old prophet 5 was designed.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 06:48:10 PM »
youŽll have to use oscillator B as a modulation source for this. The lfo is working as the old prophet 5 was designed.

FGS that's hardly what he asked is it? And doesn't solve the issue. I've asked for this elsewhere as well as a REV SAW wave for the LFO (great sounds from that!).

Would be easy to implement an 'hi range' LFO by holding a button and selecting 'norm' or 'hi' in the menu like we do already with many 'hidden features'.

It's a forum, for requests and such.. not to be told what a synth did 40 years ago cos as far as I know the Prophet 5/10 didn't have USB, Aftertouch, Velocity, Initial amount LFO, 2 filters in one, 200 storage, selectable unison etc.. yet here we are? Some simple additions wouldn't break the purity of the prophet but make it live up even MORE to the 'rev 4' monicker, esp after waiting 4 decades for it!

Oh and don't forget, after many of us bought the Prophet 10... they went and retrofitted the 'vintage knob' code to the OB-6 and Prophet 6 (vast improvement over slop).. so the older synths got 'something' from the rev 4s, surely it's only fair that those who paid Ł4k for a simpler synth get a LITTLE something from the older synths back? While sticking to our reasons why we prefer the tone of the Prophet 10 over the DCO REV2 or the P6??

Sequential, please.. if you're reading, do take some of these requests seriously... there IS room for a few minor improvements to make these stunning synths even better and their users who dropped a LOT of money on them even happier.. it's not always fun seeing the lower priced synths have some SIMPLE things that can make a big difference... like the Rev saw, LFO HI RANGE and LFO SYNC.... not asking for you to somehow jam a sequencer and some FX in there but please consider these more sensible requests.. things that would make already the best modern analog poly even better and not add ANY complexity above what's already in there!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 06:56:15 PM by SynthHead »
Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 01:54:42 AM »
Any chance you could an option to make the lfo speed go higher into audio range? miss that from the prophet 6 its great for sound effects, the current highest speed tickles were i want it to go but never gets there :'(

funny enough that the manual states the LFO goes to 500 Hz, unfortunately it's a typo as it goes to 50 Hz roughly