Has anyone got a categorized list the OB6 factory presets?

jo

• OB-6 Player
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has a list of the OB6 Factory presets but categorized (eg. Bass, Pads, Arps, Leads, Bells, Plucks etc.) I have found a pdf of the actual names, but preset names such as "ex Machina" are not all that helpful in describing the sound.

A list of them put in Categories would save me a lot of time when I just want to audition all the bass sounds for example and see if I can use something quick from the factory presets as a jump starting point.

Otherwise have to go through them one by all one.
Surely someone must have made a list of presets by category somewhere here ? Thank you !!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 12:54:54 AM by jo »

Re: Has anyone got a categorized list the OB6 factory presets?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 01:11:24 PM »
Mine are all custom now, I went through them all one day.
I used Google sheets, made 000-100, 101-200, 301-399 etc etc

Then went through them... simple Y or N. Then I tagged them myself Bass, Lead, Pluck etc.
I was strict, if it didn't insta grab me it was an N.

Once done, yes it was miserable. I put all sounds in something like this:
001 - 030 - Bass
031 - 050 - Lead
051 - 080 - Pads

That's my new Google sheet saved as a favourite. I have plenty of INIT's at the end of each 'type' for new sounds.

So when I want a Lead, boom, select 030 onwards. Strings... 080 onwards
Having them scattered all over the place is no good to me.

I did use OB-6 editor to help. But it wasn't something I'd want to do again.
That does have tags, but I also found where it said Lead, it was more a Bass to me. Hence I done my own.

Jdoo

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 07:13:11 PM »
I have a spreadsheet where I categorized about 1/2 the patches.  Somewhere along the line, I stomped from of the names..?  But Im happy to share it, warts and all. 

Joe

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has a list of the OB6 Factory presets but categorized (eg. Bass, Pads, Arps, Leads, Bells, Plucks etc.) I have found a pdf of the actual names, but preset names such as "ex Machina" are not all that helpful in describing the sound.

A list of them put in Categories would save me a lot of time when I just want to audition all the bass sounds for example and see if I can use something quick from the factory presets as a jump starting point.

Otherwise have to go through them one by all one.
Surely someone must have made a list of presets by category somewhere here ? Thank you !!!

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
it would be fun and enlightening to find out how (and IF) the sound designers like John Bowen (hi, John) organized the P6 sound banks in any logical way, or if they just gave each designer some slots, or if they saved them as they got them, or if John Lennon came back, threw the names up in the air, and stuffed 'em into the box.
BTW, is there someone from Sequential who checks these posts and questions, or are we on our own here?

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »
Jdoo! Thanks for your list. You're a hero, or maybe a heroine. Appreciate you.