CV IN not working

Steve Modana

• Producer & Synth Enthusiast
    • Steve Modana BEGEMO MUSIC
CV IN not working
« on: April 28, 2022, 12:37:16 AM »
Hello, on my Prophet 10 rev4 I can't get the CV IN working. I'm connecting the CV output of a LFO in oneshot mode into the CV IN on the prophet. When I now trigger both, the desired pitch mod doesn't appear on any of the voices on the prophet.

When I plug the same patchcable right into let's say the Moog Matriarch, it works right away. Who could help me out here? (I often want to add a very quick pitch mod attack to a bass patch for snappiness).
OB-X8 * Sequential Prophet 10 * Moog One * Access Virus TI * Behringer Pro-1 *Behringer Neutron * Universal Audio Apollo

LPF83

Re: CV IN not working
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 04:22:42 AM »
Hello, on my Prophet 10 rev4 I can't get the CV IN working. I'm connecting the CV output of a LFO in oneshot mode into the CV IN on the prophet. When I now trigger both, the desired pitch mod doesn't appear on any of the voices on the prophet.

When I plug the same patchcable right into let's say the Moog Matriarch, it works right away. Who could help me out here? (I often want to add a very quick pitch mod attack to a bass patch for snappiness).

Have you tried adjusting CV input scaling steps using CV calibration mode mentioned in the manual (p.54)?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Steve Modana

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 12:52:49 AM »
Yes, I've been through the CV in/out MENU with various settings. Can't get it working. I contacted the support.

What I found is, it seems like the Prophet does only read CV IN when a trigger at the GATE IN at the same time is received. They don't seem to work independently.
OB-X8 * Sequential Prophet 10 * Moog One * Access Virus TI * Behringer Pro-1 *Behringer Neutron * Universal Audio Apollo

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 05:49:33 AM »

What I found is, it seems like the Prophet does only read CV IN when a trigger at the GATE IN at the same time is received. They don't seem to work independently.

That makes sense. Since it triggers a voice it needs a start and a pitch.

Steve Modana

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »
Yes, but the "start" needs to be GATE IN and not MIDI.

Steve Modana

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 12:37:39 AM »
To clear this up, I write my current findings after writing with the Sequential Support.

- CV IN is always quantized to semitones, so an additional ENV or LFO doesn't behave as expected
- CV IN only processes incoming voltage, when a note via GATE IN is triggered (not MIDI trigger)

The solution for my case: I wanted to add a very short env sweep down to the target-note to give the attack a "smack". I did that now simply via MIDI in Logic via the MIDI Plugin "Modulator". That gives you a basic LFO or ENV for those cases.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 01:09:46 AM »

- CV IN is always quantized to semitones, so an additional ENV or LFO doesn't behave as expected

Ah, there is a quantizer after the CV in, didn’t know that - good to know.