Can’t import samples

Can’t import samples
« on: April 26, 2022, 06:43:25 AM »
I’m using PX Toolkit to export a file that appears as a folder named “u00” (user bank #1). I copy it to a verified formatted USB 3.0 stick, use the global “Update library” command, and the PX says there’s no files on the stick. What am I missing? I tried every piece of the exported file on the main level, and nothing works. Thanks for any help.

Re: Can’t import samples
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 10:20:09 AM »
You’re missing one level of the required folder hierarchy.  The folder you mentioned should be inside another folder named “px” at the root level of your USB drive.  Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick for you.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 10:33:04 AM »
Bingo! Worked perfectly. Thank you so much, I didn't see this little fact anywhere.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 12:18:53 AM »
Bingo! Worked perfectly. Thank you so much, I didn't see this little fact anywhere.

Now that you point it out, you're quite right that PXToolkit's documentation doesn't cover the actual installation of samples since that's properly part of the Prophet X's behavior ... though it doesn't seem to be covered in the instrument's manual, either.  It is something I covered in the VCO Pack's documentation but it might be worth a mention in the next revision of PXToolkit's manual as well.  I've drafted the following to append to the existing "Getting Started" section:

During the export process PXToolkit creates the complete folder hierarchy necessary for installation on the Prophet X. Copy the resulting "px" folder and everything in it to the root directory of a USB drive and plug the USB drive into the Prophet X. From the instrument's Global menu, select the 34-Update Library option, and use soft knob three to switch the installation type to User. Start the installation and you're off and running. Keep in mind that when the Prophet X says it will overwrite existing samples, it will only actually overwrite instruments with the exact same Instrument Group, Instrument Category, and Instrument Index as the samples you are installing.

Would this have made the process sufficiently clear?  In any case, I'm glad it's working for you!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 12:28:56 AM by Lady Gaia »

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 05:56:19 AM »
Yes, that would clarify things for a newbie. Thanks again for the help, I’m getting amazing results now.