Voice allocation (round robin vs P5)

Voice allocation (round robin vs P5)
« on: April 24, 2022, 04:22:41 AM »
I made a short video on how to do this and how it affect the sound.
What about you? Do you use this a lot?
Certainly makes the P5/P10 more versatile for pads/strings etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbUgAny0P4

Re: Voice allocation (round robin vs P5)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 07:00:16 PM »
Didn't need a video for me, it's obvious how to do it but I guess letting people who are a bit less synth savvy 'hear' it could be useful.

As to your question I run in round robin mode 99% of the time! it just sounds better, I'm not interested in sounding like a P5's signature limits (inc voice stealing) unless I specifically want that (glad it's an option and is forced of course in poly unison and stack because the 5 voice limit can be very useful and different).. the only reason I'd care to use the original P5 voice alloc mode though is for bass sounds, if I wanted them more consistent less phasey.. but tbh even in RR it's still fine... that's how MOST other analog poly synths worked after all. Round robin with 10 voices just flows.... musically... love it.. MASSIVE improvement over any old REV prophet 5 with just 5 voice and that 'static' voice alloc that often made it sound like a sampler.

Prophet 10 rev 4 really is the best prophet ever made, a classic in our lifetime and at a bargain price!
Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)