Pitch all samples

Pitch all samples
« on: May 17, 2023, 03:01:55 PM »
Hey guys,

I've created a preset with various sample chops, assigning one sample to each key. I would love to be able to pitch the entire preset up or down using a single knob. I thought that "Inst1 tune" would do the trick, but it only shifts the samples on the keys without changing the actual pitch. Even the global coarse function behaves the same way. The only thing that comes close is mapping the sliders to "Inst1 Freq," but it is unquantized and challenging to hit in semitones. Does anyone know if this is possible? It seems like it should be straightforward, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Re: Pitch all samples
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 05:38:58 PM »
Hey guys,

I've created a preset with various sample chops, assigning one sample to each key. I would love to be able to pitch the entire preset up or down using a single knob. I thought that "Inst1 tune" would do the trick, but it only shifts the samples on the keys without changing the actual pitch. Even the global coarse function behaves the same way. The only thing that comes close is mapping the sliders to "Inst1 Freq," but it is unquantized and challenging to hit in semitones. Does anyone know if this is possible? It seems like it should be straightforward, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Inst1Freq as a modulation destination is the right track. It just takes some careful programming. Try maybe using a few mod slots and experiment with the Aux envelope section.