• Switchable X / Xa filter
  • 12 voices
  • Matrix/Xpander-style modulation routing, but with an easier user interface
  • MPE
  • Compact module format

jg666

Re: Oberheim OB-X8
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 02:53:39 AM »
Very interesting - signed up for email updates so will wait and see :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 01:56:19 PM »

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 04:30:47 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0nPmuDW1t/

And another video...

Nice, so OBX instead of OBX-a huh?  In color scheme at least, crossing fingers for filter switch.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »
I wonder what this means regarding the next product we were expecting from Sequential - an OBXa.  Has there been a change mid-course?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 05:47:33 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 02:01:42 AM »
I wonder what this means regarding the next product we were expecting from Sequential - an OBXa.  Has there been a change mid-course?
No. The OB-X was always what was planned - as evidenced by Sequential’s registration of the trademark last year.

jok3r

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 03:56:44 AM »
X or Xa ... I'm looking forward to a real Oberheim synth very much.

I always wanted to have an oberheimy, some prophetish and a moogy synth. My Rev2 is prophetish enough until I can affort a P~10, I checked the moogy box with my matriarch and now I'm waiting for this Oberheim thing for as long as a lot of you do.

If this finally comes, my Rev2 has to play the Prophet role a little longer, since I want to complete my trio first. I can do a little refinement afterwards  ;) (Not that I would sell my Rev2... it will stay my favorite synth on stage for its flexibility. But at home I want to have a P~10 sooner or later).
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 09:04:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0nPmuDW1t/

And another video...

Nice, so OBX instead of OBX-a huh?  In color scheme at least, crossing fingers for filter switch.

The OBX also didn't have splits/layers like the Xa did.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 09:20:50 AM »

I actually don't think we'll see a product from Sequential this year. I think all the focus and resources will be going towards the OBX reissue for the Oberheim brand.

If there is a product from Sequential, it'll likely be something small and basic.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2022, 09:59:26 AM »
Something is coming.  :-X

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »

From Oberheim yes.

I don't think from Sequential.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2022, 12:15:26 PM »

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 12:48:55 PM »

From Oberheim yes.

:-X

They finally asked you to be a preset patch contributor? ;)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 12:54:45 PM »
I wish....

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 04:56:31 AM »

From Oberheim yes.

Don't you spoil the multitimbral kazoo with 15 comb filter types.

LPF83

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 05:17:14 AM »

From Oberheim yes.

Don't you spoil the multitimbral kazoo with 15 comb filter types.

Shh!!  you're going to give a certain company a new batch of ideas for a bumper crop of teaser ads for vaporware products that will never be manufactured, but are instead a ruse for trying to up their brand recognition ;)
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2022, 04:59:47 AM »
Well, here it is:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3748355&fbclid=IwAR1W-8_kSsL-fQktZLbHeHpANfNm6daZB-OJKOU3zQK2DatG2mKCnFwtgTo#p3748355

OB-X8
8-voice, pure-analog polyphony with sine, saw, square, triangle, and noise
Two discrete SEM/OB-X-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model: OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8
The 61-key FATAR velocity- and touch-sensitive keyboard allows unparalleled expression and responsiveness
Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, OB-Xa, and OB-8
Integral, fanless, heatsink-free power supply
Real walnut end cheeks
High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
Classic Oberheim Pitch and Mod levers allow expressive note bending, vibrato, and access to arpeggiator functions

Enhancements
Additional SEM Filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
Velocity sensitivity adds expressiveness to volume and filter
Channel Aftertouch adds real-time performance-based modulation
Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
Variable triangle wave cross-modulation
Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
Variable oscillator and noise levels

Ins & Outs
Stereo and Mono outputs
Volume, Sustain, and Filter inputs
Arpeggiator clock input
MIDI In, Out, Thru
USB

MSRP: $5000
Release date: June

Shaw

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2022, 05:12:16 AM »
Well, here it is:
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3748355&fbclid=IwAR1W-8_kSsL-fQktZLbHeHpANfNm6daZB-OJKOU3zQK2DatG2mKCnFwtgTo#p3748355

OB-X8
8-voice, pure-analog polyphony with sine, saw, square, triangle, and noise
Two discrete SEM/OB-X-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model: OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8
The 61-key FATAR velocity- and touch-sensitive keyboard allows unparalleled expression and responsiveness
Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, OB-Xa, and OB-8
Integral, fanless, heatsink-free power supply
Real walnut end cheeks
High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
Classic Oberheim Pitch and Mod levers allow expressive note bending, vibrato, and access to arpeggiator functions

Enhancements
Additional SEM Filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
Velocity sensitivity adds expressiveness to volume and filter
Channel Aftertouch adds real-time performance-based modulation
Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
Variable triangle wave cross-modulation
Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
Variable oscillator and noise levels

Ins & Outs
Stereo and Mono outputs
Volume, Sustain, and Filter inputs
Arpeggiator clock input
MIDI In, Out, Thru
USB

MSRP: $5000
Release date: June

Sold.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LPF83

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2022, 05:18:33 AM »
Sold.

I was literally just getting ready to say the same thing.  Although I'm going to add the caveat that I'm waiting for the desktop version, which I assume will be MSRP $3300 ish.  In theory I *could* make room for the keyboard version but it would result in less than ideal ergonomics, I want this module sitting right in front of my primary MIDI controller with pitch and mod wheels instead of paddles.  But yeah if it goes like a year with no announcement of desktop version I'd probably get the kb.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 05:20:09 AM by LPF83 »