For Sale/Marketplace Information

For Sale/Marketplace Information
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:45:27 PM »
The official DSI forum has a dedicated Marketplace for buying and selling used gear. The Marketplace is hidden from view until your post count reaches 25. This is to ensure commerce only occurs between bonafide, regularly contributing forum members. It reduces spam and scams, and increases credibility of the seller.

Any posts of items for sale outside of the Marketplace will be deleted or moved to the Marketplace, at the moderator's discretion.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Re: For Sale/Marketplace Information
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:43:26 PM »
While I agree about the fact that this reduce spam & scam  maybe this would be better if everyone could see the Marketplace?

Widening the visibility of the Marketplace will probably help sales and the seller could always choose not to sell to anyone 'suspicious'. This being said I'm ok with the idea that only members with 25 posts could actually start a thread (i.e sell equipment here)

LA   

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Ohhh,

On the same line about "invisible thing", maybe there should be a mention somewhere that download links are visible only to registered members. I remember answering someone about this a while ago.

LA

RobH

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 06:31:45 PM »
I better get some more posts up I have a thread in there i can no longer see lmao!

edit - oh wait what, i have 101 posts and cannot see the thread?

RobH

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 06:47:39 AM »
I still cannot see the marketplace is there a reason why?

RobH

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »
I still cannot see the marketplace, is my thread in it still there or has it been deleted?

I'd like not to miss a sale can someone at least check if anyone has answered for me until such time i can see it!

Thanks...

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 02:42:24 PM »
Yes, your advert is on there. No replies as of now.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 04:15:36 AM »
I still cannot see the marketplace is there a reason why?

Same here.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Nothing is broken. Although moderators can always view it, the marketplace is hidden from users until they've posted a small number of times. We want to encourage community building and sales only between trustworthy members. So, we don't promote commerce among unknown/new members. Once the post limit has been reached by regular and real interaction and contribution on the forum the marketplace will appear automatically.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:19:25 AM by DavidDever »
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

RobH

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »
Im still cannot see the marketplace, however my Elektron Analog Keys is now on the way to a new owner and as such I would like to close the thread, if a moderator could help me with that it would be good thanks.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »
Looks like some permissions needed to be changed. If have more than 25 posts you should be able to see the marketplace now. Sorry about that!

Also, you can modify or delete your own posts and topics in the Marketplace.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 07:47:29 PM »
The section is now called, "Synths and Gear FOR SALE," if that's any help.

cbx

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 07:41:59 AM »
Hopefully I will make it, I am looking for more mopho and tetras. But I want to get another Korg MS-20 mini or two, I was watching some videos with people using the MS-20 with the SQ-10 and realized what made the MS-20 so popular was having to have 3 of them with an SQ-10, I only wish I had a hardware Seq4 to twiddle the values of the mopho step sequencer like was a modular little synth.

Herr Schmitz

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 07:55:40 AM »
Thanks for the information.

Circuit3

• synthpop electropop artist
    • Circuit3 - synthpop for the masses!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 05:36:36 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm off now to see if my post count us anywhere near 25
My new album “Technology For The Youth” is out now on Vinyl CD and Digital at  http://circuit3.Bandcamp.com

“Brilliant retro-futurist orbiting synths…evocative electronic music for stolen futures” Electronic Sound Magazine

buchlabum

• west coast synthesis please...
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
I was just wondering about a buy/sell forum.  I think I bought up all the Evolver desktops I could find on the web and was hoping to find one or two more. 

maNŒuvre

• That which cannot be put into words...
    • Music
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
Hi. Couldn’t it be decided upon how long one has been a member? I’ve made 13 posts over 4 years. I’d rather not have to post 12 more times, just for the sake of it. I’ve been here a good while.
'Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.' Victor Hugo

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 03:34:03 AM »
No wonder I couldn't find the right section, I was about to start a topic in the P'08 subforum. Looks like it's time for me to contribute some more. :D

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 02:07:03 PM »
I'm glad I read this. I just signed up to this forum. Here's post 1 :)
The official DSI forum has a dedicated Marketplace for buying and selling used gear. The Marketplace is hidden from view until your post count reaches 25. This is to ensure commerce only occurs between bonafide, regularly contributing forum members. It reduces spam and scams, and increases credibility of the seller.

Any posts of items for sale outside of the Marketplace will be deleted or moved to the Marketplace, at the moderator's discretion.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 06:13:02 PM »
I think the post count is fine. I’m kind of getting tired of another synth forum and I need to start coming here more often

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 03:13:01 AM »

So we need 25 posts? How do we know how many we have?