Tempest Pad Issue - randomly triggers pad next door

Tempest Pad Issue - randomly triggers pad next door
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:37:33 AM »
I've been testing the beta and ran in to an issue, pad 13 often triggers pad 14 (video below). It's the only pad that does it and 14 doesn't trigger 13. I can't say I've ever noticed it before but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there. Any one got any ideas about what might be causing it and/or a potential fix?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9nqGRJTUGc4

EDIT:  I have tried downgrading both of the OS parts and the issue is still present. I also have done the 'calibrate drumpads' and other calibration options in the system menu with no success.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:45:34 AM by Scoridd »

Re: Tempest Pad Issue - randomly triggers pad next door
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 01:12:47 AM »
I've been testing the beta and ran in to an issue, pad 13 often triggers pad 14 (video below). It's the only pad that does it and 14 doesn't trigger 13. I can't say I've ever noticed it before but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't there. Any one got any ideas about what might be causing it and/or a potential fix?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9nqGRJTUGc4

EDIT:  I have tried downgrading both of the OS parts and the issue is still present. I also have done the 'calibrate drumpads' and other calibration options in the system menu with no success.

I have not experienced this issue first hand but I recall from the old forum that someone had this issue and if I remember correctly the screws holding the board had come a bit loose so the pads triggered incorrectly. I would contact support who would be able to guide you and in case it is a hardware issue they can help you.

Re: Tempest Pad Issue - randomly triggers pad next door
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 02:07:15 AM »
Thanks Benzebub. Yes you are correct, it was nothing to do with the Beta OS - just a coincidence that I noticed it at the same time. It was the tension on the screws holding the board in place. I contacted DSI and Carson explained and helped me to resolve the issue. Support was very good and quick too.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:09:13 AM by Scoridd »