Poly Aftertouch - how to?

Poly Aftertouch - how to?
« on: March 18, 2022, 10:33:10 AM »
I'm sending poly aftertouch data from Logic into the Prophet 5 rev 4, yet no matter what, I can't get individual voices to respond it. They all modulate at once.
Is there any guide/example/tutorial with regards to poly aftertouch on the p5r4?
Thanks,
Eldad

Re: Poly Aftertouch - how to?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »
I'm sending poly aftertouch data from Logic into the Prophet 5 rev 4, yet no matter what, I can't get individual voices to respond it. They all modulate at once.
Is there any guide/example/tutorial with regards to poly aftertouch on the p5r4?
Thanks,
Eldad

I just double-checked the manual and it states:

“The Prophet-5 provides monophonic (or “channel”) aftertouch, which
means that applying pressure to any key within a chord will apply modulation to all notes currently held” so that would explain your issue.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 11:24:33 AM by littletinymonkey »

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 11:48:52 AM »
please check out this screenshot from the midi implementation manual (couldn't figure out how to add a photo into the actual post):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a2ADHHsu5hkmfdMVA

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 12:00:59 PM »
please check out this screenshot from the midi implementation manual (couldn't figure out how to add a photo into the actual post):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a2ADHHsu5hkmfdMVA

You are right. Oops. Welp, I’m kinda useless at this point. Good luck!

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 12:09:09 PM »
Thanks!
I hope someone from Sequential can comment.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 11:37:44 AM »
Thanks!
I hope someone from Sequential can comment.

Check with the support

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 02:12:56 PM »
works totally fine here with my Hydrasynth. Remember that the P5 only has 1 LFO so it only works with modulating the cutoff frequency of inidividual voices.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 03:02:53 PM »
works totally fine here with my Hydrasynth. Remember that the P5 only has 1 LFO so it only works with modulating the cutoff frequency of inidividual voices.

Thanks Hamudi2000! Any chance you can upload a midi file or a Logic song that employs the Rev4 poly-aftertouch?
I couldn't make it work on my end....

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 09:36:28 AM »
Any idea about poly aftertouch? I can't make it work. Can someone please send me a midi file that sends poly aftertouch?