Prophet 10 freezes during Tune process

Prophet 10 freezes during Tune process
« on: March 13, 2022, 08:22:04 PM »
Hi all,

I just took delivery of a new Prophet 10 keyboard (although serial number of around 1,000 meant retailer had actually had the unit in stock for 6+ months).  To be clear, it was a brand new, sealed unit.

As the unit was badly out of tune I tried the Tune process, but it always freezes at the same point.

I have followed the Tune instructions in the manual, and have also followed the advice on the Sequential forum at https://support.sequential.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407479669779-Prophet-5-10-Keyboard-Troubleshooting
The firmware is updated to the latest version OS 2.0.1 and Panel OS 1.1.1
I have tried  Reset global parameters: hold RECORD and press GLOBALS.
I have tried  B. Wheel Calibration.
I have tried  Clear Calibration: Hold RECORD and press TUNE.
No audio or MIDI leads are inserted in the rear of the synthesizer.

Whenever I run the Tune process by pressing the Tune button, it hangs at Step OA4, program light 2 for a few minutes, but eventually makes it through this step.  It then hangs at Step Ob4, program light 3 for anything from 5 to 30 minutes+.  However, when it gets to Step Ob4, program light 6, it just hangs indefinitely, even having left the synthesizer on for hours - the tuning routine never finishes once the unit is at its operating temperature, which seems to be 45°C (display says 45C).  My home studio temperature is about 18°C.  The only time the process once eventually finished was when I pressed Tune when the unit was cold, having been switched off for some time.

I have also checked that this is not a broken voice issue - it’s not I as can still play 10 notes before the first played note is “stolen” to play the 11th note.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and been able to fix it - if so how?

Many thanks for your comments.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 08:46:35 PM by Tinaxe106 »

Re: Prophet 10 freezes during Tune process
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 12:40:44 AM »
I did have the same issue a while back, my P5 freezing, ironically, while tuning during a heat wave. I apologize for what's not going to be a very helpful answer, but I'm not able to find my emails from Sequential support from that time. I *think* the answer for me was the clear the calibration tables - and it sounds like you've tried this - but I can't say with certainty this was the answer. Regardless, I was - somehow - able to solve the problem with Sequential's help. To that end, I'd suggest getting directly in touch with Sequential. They did help me solve the problem, even if I can't recall how!

Re: Prophet 10 freezes during Tune process
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 12:15:19 AM »